Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of any good trade agencies in London?

Options
  • 21-04-2010 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I've just recently moved to London and was wondering if anyone knows of any good employment agencies that cater for tradesmen (sparkys)? maybe you know someone working here or maybe you've had experience of working here yourself.... any info greatly appreciated. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

how are ya wes,not sure of any agencies or anything i just went on to the olympic village website and got the names of the contractors and sent of cv's,not sure if its gonna do much good but its worth a shot...heres the link

http://www.london2012.com/get-involved/business-network/oda-suppliers/contractors/olympic-village.php

just scroll down and look for the electrical contractors there is a few of them there!hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I've heard of guys getting a UTR (??) number a bit like a C35 and setting themselves up as sole traders, they then call up companies and offer their services, I think the employer holds back 20% to pay the UK taxman, if they do the taxes right they can claim a good bit of this back for the first year. I don't know anyone doing it though and that's all i know about it.

Advertisement