Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South of France

• 21-04-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Looking to book a holiday this week the south of france for 10 days.
    Has anyone took a holiday in this area and what are the areas to visit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

its beautiful there :) I adore the south of france

fly into Nice and base yourself there - its a lovely city. A short 15 min bus ride brings you to the stereo typed french coast, villefranche sur mer is great for a walk and drink.

you can also go to monaco , but its really only worth a day trip but have a drink in the bar where the wags and crews watch the grand prix on the 7th bend and gawk at all the huuuuuuuuuge boats

ventimillia in northern italy is only a short train ride or you can go further on to the italian riveria for the day

you must visit upper eze , an amazing medievil village up on the mountains

all of the that took me 5 days, id love to have gone further down the coast and inland. Id go again in a flash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

What part of the south of France? I was there last summer, but was 20 minutes from Spain. The south of France is long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

cannes is also worth a trip, i was based in juan le pan which is a nice scenic spot but a little small. nice is fantastic as is monaco, the market in ventamiglia is well worth a trip, i think this is on fridays iirc. the weather, history, scenery, food and atmosphere make this a holiday destination never to forget!im going back next month to monaco for the grand prix! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Miller80

Thanks for the replies. Was thinking of flying into nice and basing ourselves there and travelling to the nearby towns and cities. Might also visit italy. Where would the best vineyards you can visit be? Would you have to travel to bordeaux?

Advertisement