Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 21-04-2010 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hello i am 42 years old and thankfully have recovered from long term illness to very good healh , but i am afraid my wife has been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the brain , she already had all clear from breast cancer 1 year ago , what has happened to us in last few years has been brutal but we have learned to cope as we have 2 girls aged 12 , 14 , i am not here looking for pity but advice . at the moment we are both unemployed, so very little money but in 12 months or so i will have plenty of money which is of no use to me right now (that is what really gets to me), what i would like to able to do is make my wife and kids and me have an enjoyable last while together but life is expensive what i am hoping is someone that reads this may know of others that been in this situation and may know of any help that is available out their as at the moment life not easy , sorry if i sound desperate but i really would appreciate some advice as i have run out of ideas
    thankyou

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

ryans wrote: »
    hello i am 42 years old and thankfully have recovered from long term illness to very good healh , but i am afraid my wife has been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the brain , she already had all clear from breast cancer 1 year ago , what has happened to us in last few years has been brutal but we have learned to cope as we have 2 girls aged 12 , 14 , i am not here looking for pity but advice . at the moment we are both unemployed, so very little money but in 12 months or so i will have plenty of money which is of no use to me right now (that is what really gets to me), what i would like to able to do is make my wife and kids and me have an enjoyable last while together but life is expensive what i am hoping is someone that reads this may know of others that been in this situation and may know of any help that is available out their as at the moment life not easy , sorry if i sound desperate but i really would appreciate some advice as i have run out of ideas
    thankyou
    Hi Ryans, have you been in touch with the cancer society of Ireland? They might point you in the right direction as regards entitlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

was in similar situation to you and received 500 euro from them and lots of advice on sitution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I'm not sure where you live but a local citizens advice bureau might be of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

you have any luck m8

Advertisement