Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The buttcher

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Totally agree DF has been a huge success. I was one of the naysayers asking how could they operate at the end of Grattan Park, but I am happy to say its a great success.

The Butchers is brilliant good work chaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

kjgrant wrote: »
    I am the apprentice from Farrellys..or at least I was.. and yes I am down in the butchers in Donnybrook fair..but I have to say that their has been a lot of crap written on these threads on this site about certain shops and butchers......their are only 5 abbattoirs in wicklow...only one of these is in the greystones area-they kill for themselves and no one else, the only other one in the north of the county is in newcastle- they are only licensed to kill lamb-NOT Beef, NOT pork, Nothing else...so theirs is no way anyone is killing their own beef or pork except for that one in delgany....the beef and lamb at donnybrook fair is hand chosen by mr james tormey ( a master butcher of many years) and aged for at least 21 days+...and I'm not saying that as advertisment..i'd rather not have to be on here at all but I figure its best to put things on the record so everyone knows the truth as its very easy to pick up incorrect information thru no fault of your own and then repeat it. But I think this whole thread/threads should be shut down bcos it seems some ppl are more interested in running down good shops and butchers and promoting others.The only reason I'm writing here is the fact I was mentioned (which someone I know pointed out to me)and also it annoys me to hear ppl peddling false truths, whether it be intentional or not...another thread about shops in greystones was especially misleading.I suggest the only way to know wat the meat is like in any shop is just to try it.Thanks for listening guys.

thanks,that's great info,however i feel a lot of people on this thread did just give their honest opinion on the meat just as i did,if you think these types of threads should be closed boards as a site wouldn't last long,anyway ......thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

nice to see a well balanced discussion for once! KJgrant, you are a credit to your industry - keep up the good work.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

astrofluff wrote: »
    nice to see a well balanced discussion for once! KJgrant, you are a credit to your industry - keep up the good work.

I'd like to get some confirmation first before I accept it for being 'Gospel'

Advertisement