Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen- Sligo - All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps.

Options
  • 21-04-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen a thread on this but the press are reporting that Leonard Cohen is due to play Sligo (Lisadell House) this summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

This is official news now, the gig is scheduled for Saturday July 31st, and tickets are onsale on Monday and our priced at €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

the brilliant leonard cohen is back to Ireland to play in sligo on 31st July. Tickets onsale monday!!!

Sweet news indeed!!!

But we already have a thread on it......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055890036

dunno how i missed it....sure doesn't he deserve more than one thread haha. you going?

lol, he sure does!

I'm sure there will be a mad rush for tickets on Monday, but I'm gonna do my best to get one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

any pre sale code for the tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'll have to miss this one, and its purely down to location, location, location (and money getting to the location).

Why Sligo ffs :eek:

I know he's done Dublin twice in almost as many years, but Sligo!.

Anyone going, genuinely I wish you all the best and envy you.

I'll have to miss this one, and its purely down to location, location, location (and money getting to the location).

Why Sligo ffs :eek:

I know he's done Dublin twice in almost as many years, but Sligo!.

Anyone going, genuinely I wish you all the best and envy you.

The reason for choosing Lissadell House in Sligo is because it was once the home of Irish poet and play write W.B Yeats, Leonard is a big fan,

and after 6 sold out Dublin shows Leonard's management decided to seek a new venue, the idea of playing Lissadell house came about when Leonard received a book of poetry by W.B Yeats from a fan during his last stint of Dublin gigs,

The venue looks interesting and great, but its gonna be very hard to get to for anyone who doesent have a car, even if you do have a car the roads are pretty terrible around there, I hope some sort of bus service is set up!!!

ah well by hook or by crook I'll be there!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Has anyone got any ideas of how to get a password for the presale beginning tomorrow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

No idea......any additional info gratefully recieved on this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

is there a presale? Unless it's the O2 or LeonardCohen website who's doing presales?

folks - any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

s8n wrote: »
    folks - any ideas ?

The pre sale was for members of the Leonard Cohen forum. You have to register there and then follow the links there.

www.leonardcohenforum.com register, then go to 2010 world tour & look for sligo presale. there is link on first post to ticketmaster which bypassed the password

I could get 115 euro tickets (block a) when I went into the pre-sale on ticketmaster....think I've changed my mind a bit on going though....

Many thanks for the help. I'm in block A :D

Cicero wrote: »
    I could get 115 euro tickets (block a) when I went into the pre-sale on ticketmaster....think I've changed my mind a bit on going though....

Why??????? Have you ever seen Leonard live? If not I am telling you that he will be worth every cent of that €115 which incidently is cheaper that last years gigs in The O2 and we are getting an amazing venue in the most beautiful of locations. This has all the ingrediants of being one of the most special and memorable gigs we will ever go to. I for one am ecstatic that I have my tickets!

It's the thought of having to get over to Sligo, pay accomodation etc etc ...I totally agree it would be a great concert but just don't know what I'll be doing in August yet....will sleep on it tonight and decide....I already have 3 gigs lined up this summer and want to book one more as well...anyway, enjoy it guys...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

do you think he'll put an extra date on? theres certainly plenty of room for to put another date on the fri or sun?

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    do you think he'll put an extra date on? theres certainly plenty of room for to put another date on the fri or sun?

It is a possibility! I'd love if it was the Friday as I'm staying in a B&B beside Lissadell House the Friday and Saturday and if Len played the Friday I could lie in the garden (weather permitting) drinking a few cans and listen to the gig :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dolman

Hey Musicmania......busy day for you!
    Got into A row H...all we need now is sun........ok dry will do:cool:
    Seems our presale was Twittered.......hence 200 odd new members over the last week and 400 odd on this morning.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'd love to go see him but I can't afford it. Considering he's 75 years old and has performed here a lot in recent years I may very well bitterly regret my lack of funds. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lotie

I was one of those who joined the forum Saturday morning to get access to pre sale. No twitter campaign..just a fan who was away and missed the gigs last year and don't want to miss this event. I never even heard of presale until I saw a reference to it on ticketmaster.

For the guy who has no money left with four other summer shows already planned...sell those tickets and put the money into this event...this is going to be special.

Even though I was online at 9am yesterday my poxy eircom internet meant I din't get tickets until 9.20 and that meant block B row M but I'm thrilled to have them and can't wait.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grumpygit

I think a word of thanks to musicmania and ceazzzzy would not go astray here. Thanks to you guys I got tickets in block A :D whereas if I had not seen your posts I would have been waiting till tomorrow. Hope you got good tickets yourselves. Once again thanks for spreading a bit of happiness around

Monzo wrote: »
    I'd love to go see him but I can't afford it. Considering he's 75 years old and has performed here a lot in recent years I may very well bitterly regret my lack of funds. :(

That is such a shame. No point regretting something out of your control though. I'm trying not to think of funds especially if I manage to get my hands on a Stevie Wonder ticket Tuesday/Thursday. Will be so worth it though and if it meant living on beans and toast I'd not miss Leonard for anything but I'm lucky in that work has got busy at the right time. No point regretting something out of your control though.
    grumpygit wrote: »
    I think a word of thanks to musicmania and ceazzzzy would not go astray here. Thanks to you guys I got tickets in block A :D whereas if I had not seen your posts I would have been waiting till tomorrow. Hope you got good tickets yourselves. Once again thanks for spreading a bit of happiness around

Your welcome! Yeah I got good seats. Block A row J seats 22-23. But I'm one of those who once I can see and hear Leonard I'm happy enough :D

grumpygit wrote: »

No prob....I didn't go for the best tickets as I've already got Dylan tickets & 2 other festivals booked but I'm not bothered where I sit as long as I'm there :D July is gonna be some month with those two legends in the country.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

He's now playing a second gig on August 1st. Tickets on sale on ticketmaster now.

mosstin wrote: »
    He's now playing a second gig on August 1st. Tickets on sale on ticketmaster now.

First gig sold out in 6 mins! I am tempted to buy one for Sunday too and even checked what sections are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

The BF joined the fan club to get me tickets for my birthday...

Had a feeling that this concert was going to sell quickly, and having seen him twice in the past three years, didn't want to miss him this time around!

Don't know what seats we have, but as long as I can hear him (and see him on the screen) I'm happy out.

There doesn't appear to be any accommodation in Sligo left however!

• Advertisement

Dinkie wrote: »
    The BF joined the fan club to get me tickets for my birthday...

Had a feeling that this concert was going to sell quickly, and having seen him twice in the past three years, didn't want to miss him this time around!

Don't know what seats we have, but as long as I can hear him (and see him on the screen) I'm happy out.

There doesn't appear to be any accommodation in Sligo left however!

Nice BF and good attitude regards your seats! A true Leonard fan ;) I prebooked my accommodation the minute the concert was announced as I figured it would become an issue for people. I got a B&B right beside the venue for €38pp per night!!!!!! Delighted with that :D Bet the owners are raging they didn't up the prices!

Advertisement