Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Deals of the Week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Watch out on the first one, its not sold by amazon themselves so theres a good chance they wont ship it. I think the 2nd one is a far better buy though, appears more modern, probably a better brand, more ram and a bigger hard drive, windows 7 too as opposed to vista, which should probably avoided at this stage unless its an unreal bargain

It should be a decent buy, seeing as its the 3rd bestseller in laptops!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Def wouldnt call it a bargain. Pretty low end from a quick skim.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 throwingmusic

Thanks for the info. The HP one seems to have good reviews, I would have probably paid the extra for that, I think I may go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I would never buy a HP again.
    For reliability, I find the Toshiba Satellites are very robust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Thanks for the info. The HP one seems to have good reviews, I would have probably paid the extra for that, I think I may go with it.

That HP is a low-powered ultra-portable. If you are going to buy it you should be aware that the CPU is very slow - comparable to say a dual core Atom.

Thats not a criticism - it is deliberately low-powered in order to run cool and have a long battery life. But if you are thinking of buying you should be aware that its not a full powered mainstream laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved this to Requests.

Advertisement