Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reporting bad road behaviour

• 21-04-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭

This morning I witnessed a motorcycle courier perform some silly and dangerous manoeuvers - breaking a red light, driving through crossing pedestrians (who had the green man), and then across a junction through a gap in traffic.

I have the registration, and am pondering the legality and morality of reporting him/her to either the Gardaí or courier company. If I call TrafficWatch, will I end up testifying in court? Will the company take such a complaint seriously?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It comes up in the Motors forum a good bit, have a search around there for outcomes. I don't think anything is generally done about it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

I've reorted people a couple of times. Once with a full and once with a partail reg. Both times I was called to make a statement at my convenience at my local Garda station. To my knowledge neither was prosecuted but a formal caution was issued in one case. On both occasions the driving was life endangering and I felt I had no choice but to report it as the other drivers were clearly lunatics who'd do damage to someone eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I would love to think that people would report bad/dangerous driving - but the burden of proof is the hardest thing.

if the courier denies it and it somehow the case makes it to court - then its pretty much a "he said-she said" situation....your word against courier.

unfortunately our legal system is set up with so many loopholes that even if you get caught "red handed" theres always a chance you'll get off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I would love to think that people would report bad/dangerous driving - but the burden of proof is the hardest thing.

if the courier denies it and it somehow the case makes it to court - then its pretty much a "he said-she said" situation....your word against courier.

If they received two or more separate calls about the same person from un -related parties would this then be enough or does it remain as above?

Advertisement