Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patsy Brogan on TV3 tonight

Options
  • 21-04-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I know Patsy and the Bog Hotel is a forbidden topic on this forum but though I pass this on for those interested.......
    On MidWeek this week we’ll be meeting 73 year old Patsy Brogan from Donegal and his 30 year old fiancé Daria Weiske from Poland.
    Thats Midweek on TV3 at 22:00 on 21/04/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I shall be watching that myself.

Sadly the last thread on the topic got a bit out of hand so I will lock this for now.

Thanks for the heads up though :)

I was amused to put it mildly having watched the show last night. I;ll open this again for a bit of debate about Patsy and his partner if anyone wishes to comment.

But..............please dont get into a debate on the legalities of the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

watched about 2 mins before turning it off, how many kids with how many partners did he say he had :eek:
    didnt he say the youngest is 8 (i may have misheard that) hope he's supporting them all

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I thought it was uncomfortable viewing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

i had it sky plused , just watched it, its thought it cringworthy! his youngest was 6 he has been married 2 times before.

The poor woman when she was being interviewed was afraid to say anything, she kept looking at patsy, as if she was looking for permission. I thought the when did you first find him attractive part strange, she was asked the question twice and danced around it twice:rolleyes:. Also for a couple she sat as far away from him on the sofa as she could possably get!

Donegal was shown in bad light last night on telly with patsy and Bear grylls' tour or sleive league!

• Advertisement

It was amusing as I said before and I did laugh at some of the comments (and antics) but really and truly it didnt do much to promote Donegal as a tourist attraction.

Im sure Mr Gormley was enjoying it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I didn't see it last night but saw them on tv another day and well, it's cringing stuff. No wonder her parents are worried about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

my god is it any wonder that people from elsewhere in the country think we are all gormless cretins when you have the likes of patsy brogan on the tv !!!

Some way of promoting donegal allright :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

i was sure there would be a thread on this elsewhere but i can only find it here in the donegal section. i didn't really think the programme did damage to tourism in donegal, i'm sure, like me, most people where agog with the situation rather than the location. i almost watched it from behind the sofa it was almost disturbing. the sheer awkwardness of there apparent relationship......the body language coming from her spoke volumes. in fact in one of the trailers, she's on one side of the bar and he on the other and he leans over for a kiss and she jumps to the side to avid contact....it's cringeworthy.also she couldn't have sat further away from him on the sofa and positioned her body awkwardly away from him. if my da (70's) was at that carry on i would be morto. i hear he has kids in their 50's to age 7. while he doesn't come across as a 'typical ' dirty old man, he's doing himself no favours n his behaviour and in fairness will prob be back in the news a year from now when she's taken him for all he's worth. i disagree that she is afraid of him. she was looking to him and rambling cause she hoped he'd answer for her and avoid the questions that she can only lie to answer. they both have their own agendas in this. but i certainly wouldn't be concerned that ppl wil pass judgement on donegal or wherever it is, it could have been anywhere in ireland, it's the story that is disturbing. no one will see past that !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

That was terrible TV, TV3 is an awful station and that was just cringworthy TV wish to God they did not show it Craggy Island stuff:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

i was sure there would be a thread on this elsewhere but i can only find it here in the donegal section. i didn't really think the programme did damage to tourism in donegal, i'm sure, like me, most people where agog with the situation rather than the location. i almost watched it from behind the sofa it was almost disturbing. the sheer awkwardness of there apparent relationship......the body language coming from her spoke volumes. in fact in one of the trailers, she's on one side of the bar and he on the other and he leans over for a kiss and she jumps to the side to avid contact....it's cringeworthy.also she couldn't have sat further away from him on the sofa and positioned her body awkwardly away from him. if my da (70's) was at that carry on i would be morto. i hear he has kids in their 50's to age 7. while he doesn't come across as a 'typical ' dirty old man, he's doing himself no favours n his behaviour and in fairness will prob be back in the news a year from now when she's taken him for all he's worth. i disagree that she is afraid of him. she was looking to him and rambling cause she hoped he'd answer for her and avoid the questions that she can only lie to answer. they both have their own agendas in this. but i certainly wouldn't be concerned that ppl wil pass judgement on donegal or wherever it is, it could have been anywhere in ireland, it's the story that is disturbing. no one will see past that !

Great post, that part where I've put in Bold made me laugh out loud. :D

Advertisement