Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Reviews Cavan area

Options
  • 21-04-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all, i'm really curious about the quality of gyms in the Cavan area, anyone got any views they would like to put up, regards to cleanliness, quality of service, are they well equipped? I know the gym in Belturbet has great free weights the dumbbells go up to 37.5kg, they have a bench and squat rack and a right few fixed weights, they also have all your cardio equipment. Synergy is also not a bad spot located on Farnham Street (i think thats the address) but not much there in the free weights (well not the last time i was there).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I had a tread here a few months ago about Fit Force in BJD.

Good location and a big for the amount of members. Tons of free weights and up to 45kg in DB. 4 Treadmill, 3 Bikes, a rower, cross trainer, steppers and lots of other weight machines like leg press etc etc..

Large enough area for doing classes of which there are plenty of sometimes 2-3 a night. Does tanning and Sports Massage and other things like cosmetic treatments. Got changing rooms and shower.

Member ship is cheap and includes free assessments along the way. Parking is easy.
    I've been in Gyms in Dublin and I find their 1:1 is far better than any Gym I've been to. They got some new benches so its worth checking out as they seem to invest in what they have. As you can guess I'm a member...

Face book page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000548054477&ref=sgm

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

The Complex is the obvious choice. Free parking and the place isn't too packed at all. The equipment is all very good and they have a great choice. Plus you have the option of the sauna etc. if you want. They are very good on membership last time I was there. Its really clean too. You can see the staff cleaning during the morning.

And..... the Complex would be located?

Sorry. Cavan Sports Complex is in Drumalee. Go up the Cock Hill and the enterance gates are on the left. Its a full sports complex with loads of aminities but the pool can be busy at times during the day with swimming lessons. I think 1pm to 2pm is an adult only session during the week. The staff will tell you the quiet times. Check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cfit

its been a while since I've been to the complex but honestly i'm not impressed, the staff don't give you any attention and the gym is pretty small. It hard to find a gym with ample parking the one in Belturbet has loads of parking spots and free too the only thing that gym is missing is the swimming pool.

Is curves still open Cavan thats something i've never tried?? What about the Cavan Cyrstal?

• Advertisement

Cfit. They have just done up the complex so check it out again.
    The pool has a slide. The Crystal is lovely too.

CC is very expensive compared to other Gym's.

It does have a pool.

Advertisement