Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fleche-Wallone (contains spoilers, obviously)

• 21-04-2010 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Great great finish.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

nice to see a grand tour contendor in the mix at the classics as well (didnt see it just looking at the results)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I watched that, but on behalf of those who taped it:
    NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Fascinating result. Makes things very interesting. I think he will have a good year.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Well who would of thought it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Did Emma Pooley win the Femin version?

edit yes she did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Great race, really enjoyed that one. That was a great final few kilometres.
    Nasty spill earlier on though, did they figure out what happened there? Harmon was speculating about broken stem as it was a complete loss of control.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Nasty spill earlier on though, did they figure out what happened there? Harmon was speculating about broken stem as it was a complete loss of control.
    I was sure that someone was going to go into the river in that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

on euro sport at 10.25 pm , i had a long lunch and watch it cracking race ,some pace on the hill at the finish .

there savage men for sure . a bad crash at about 60k anyone know if every one is ok .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

jwshooter wrote: »
    on euro sport at 10.25 pm , i had a long lunch and watch it cracking race ,some pace on the hill at the finish .

there savage men for sure . a bad crash at about 60k anyone know if every one is ok .

From the man himself:
    OK first I wasn't hurt as bad as it looked when I crashed today.

Still can't find out what happened though.

EDIT: Not so lucky for Kroon though:
    A crash in the peloton with less than 80km to go, that also brought down RadioShack riders Sergio Paulinho and Yaroslav Popovych, saw Kroon hit a guardrail with his face. Initial investigations in the hospital at Huy show that the Dutchman has fractured his nose, jaw and eye socket, according to Belga.

• Advertisement

ouch. you know its bad when they dont jump back up andd look for their bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

its probably the worst professional sport to be into .

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Glad to see him win. He is targetting the Giro maybe well worth the €2 bet to win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

BMC apart from the result are ha ing a bit if a ropy time. Another rider implicated in doping along with that awful crash and then the Balkan et al episode.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

ROK ON wrote: »
    BMC apart from the result are ha ing a bit if a ropy time. Another rider implicated in doping along with that awful crash and then the Balkan et al episode.

Andy Rihs must be wondering what he has done to deserve this. First Phonak, then Astana, now this.

ROK ON wrote: »
    BMC . Another rider implicated in doping along with that awful crash and then the Balkan et al episode.
    sorry not 100% up to date. what rider and what happened in the Balkans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

bcmf wrote: »
    what happened in the Balkans.

Some kind of war, I think.

bcmf wrote: »
    sorry not 100% up to date. what rider and what happened in the Balkans.

He meant Ballan being pulled from racing. I suspect ROK_ON is posting on his Blackberry again.

Raam wrote: »
    Some kind of war, I think.
    BOOM BOOM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Dan Martin 18th and Roche 30th, bodes well for the future as these are impressive results especially young Martin. The future Joaquin Rodriguez?

Savage finish, and the timing (which seems so important on this hill) was perfect.

Thought the camera shots were excellent especially on one of the corners half way up, where you could actually "see" the savage gradient. The Belgians are the best at this type of coverage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Advertisement