Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you get refunds from IE for unused return portions of tickets?

• 21-04-2010 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a 1 month return from Gorey to Dublin on Monday as I was going to the UK on the ferry and returning yesterday. Last night the Ferry to Dun Laoirghre was late arriving and I missed the Rosslare train by 7 minutes. As there are no trains south of Greystones after 1856 I was left with no choice but go into town and get the bus to Gorey at a cost of €15.50 single.

Can I get a refund under the circumstances?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I wouldn't have thought so. Its not IEs fault the ferry, and hence you, were late for the train.

EDIT: you can still use it another time can't you? or sell it to someone you know who may need it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No use to me as I don't be in Dublin much at all.

Ah well I guess the volcano got me too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can get refunds. There are specific refund forms (different one if train is delayed). www.irishrail.ie/upload/refunds.pdf

http://www.irishrail.ie/home/terms_and_conditions.asp
    Changes and cancellations

Passengers wishing to travel on the same day, but on an alternative train other than the time shown on their ticket, can do so provided seats are available, by paying a surcharge. The surcharge of up to €40 should be paid at the booking office before boarding the train. If a booking office is not open the surcharge must be paid on board the train. All tickets are only valid for travel on the dates printed on the ticket.

Travelling on an invalid ticket will result in a fine of €100.

To cancel a reservation call the Iarnród Éireann Travel Centre on 1850 366 222 (00 353 1 8366222) . Opening hours are 08.30 - 18.00 Monday to Friday and 09.00 - 18.00 Saturday or alternatively, outside opening hours, email info@irishrail.ie. Change and Cancellation charges apply. Cancellation requests made after the dates printed on the ticket cannot be facilitated. Bookings that have not been cancelled prior to the expiry date on the ticket are not eligible for refund.

In order to qualify for a refund, cancelled tickets must be submitted to Iarnród Éireann within 28 days of the expiry date as printed on the ticket. Cancelled tickets should be submitted to Iarnród Éireann Travel Centre, 35 Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1

The following refund rules apply:

* Cancelled up to the day before travel - 80% refund on the ticket price.
    * Cancelled on the day of travel - 50% refund on the ticket price.
    * All cancellations must be made before the time of travel to be considered eligible for refund.
    * Tickets must be presented for cancellation.
    * No refund on card fees.

Advertisement