Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering Deleted photographs

Options
  • 21-04-2010 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi Folks,
    wondering if anyone can help me. I'm looking for somewhere in Galway city where I can get someone to recover some photos from a memory card that were deleted in error.
    Thanks
    SC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Don't know of anywhere offhand but you could try asking in places like boots or other pharmacies/shops that develop photos.

It is possible to do it yourself. You need a memory card reader that you connect to the computer through the usb connection and then you can download a programme (probably through download.com or just google it) that will guide you through it. I did it about a year ago and most came back ok but there were a few that part of the photo came back in black shading.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

I have this software on my computer: http://www.cardrecovery.com/
    and I have been able to recover photographs successfully several times with it. (But it may not always work, depending on whether or not the files have been overwritten).
    If you don't find someone in Galway City, you can buy this yourself (you only have to pay once, and you may find it useful in the future on other occasions). Otherwise, I can try to recover your files if you are willing to entrust your card to myself and the postal system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Galway Camera Shop on Williamsgate Street did it for me a couple of years ago.

Should be possible as long as the card hasn't been formatted.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

A friend of mine swears by Recuva, free software for recovering deleted files from any source, including a digital camera. You can find it here:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Agree with the other posters that you can get some great free software online for this. I'll find the name of the one I use and post it up too. If you're in the city I could have a look for you if you like at no cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭catmelodian

emanresu wrote: »
    I have this software on my computer: http://www.cardrecovery.com/
    and I have been able to recover photographs successfully several times with it. (But it may not always work, depending on whether or not the files have been overwritten).
    If you don't find someone in Galway City, you can buy this yourself (you only have to pay once, and you may find it useful in the future on other occasions). Otherwise, I can try to recover your files if you are willing to entrust your card to myself and the postal system.

What kind of a retard needs to recover photographs 'several times'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

really helpful!!! many thanks for your great contribution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

This thread just reminded me that my son accidentally deleted a load of photos from his card just last week. I did a search on cnet.com and came up with this.

http://download.cnet.com/Pandora-Recovery/3000-2094_4-10694796.html?tag=mncol

Its free and it worked a dream!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Someone who has had several cards fail. Obvious really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

PC inspector file recovery is great and free , it is a german product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement