Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Not on Crisis Centre Maps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Does not surprise me in the slightest. Idiots! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Ya see!! The Disassociated Press had it right months ago !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

irish1967 wrote: »
    Ya see!! The Disassociated Press had it right months ago !! :)

I'll vote irish1967 for President.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

It's actually a massive compliment. They realise we don't need their help.

Donegal is the Chuck Norris of Irish counties. The idea of needing help from the rest is unthinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Nor are we on any other radar as far as development, tourism or even by-elections stand. SW Donegal has been without full representation for some time. Not that full compliment of TDs and even a Minister does anything for us here.

In the past the gardai here were a law onto themselves, RTE only ever came when theres a scandal or NI related story and Failte Ireland never quite seemed to make it past Galway.

When they ignored us in the good times I can't imagine they are interested in bothering with us in crisis times either.

Saying all that, the current Govt/Public Sector are better at creating chaos than solving it so we should keep our heads down and say nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

you can be sure that the map of Donegal is on the wall of the dept of natural resources and the electoral constituency layout of Ireland in the election campaign HQs, thats where we count folks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Nor are we on any other radar as far as development, tourism or even by-elections stand. SW Donegal has been without full representation for some time. Not that full compliment of TDs and even a Minister does anything for us here.

yeh, i loved it when people were saying if the ryanair service base was in donegal coughlan would have been falling over herself to get it here.

they have obviousley never been here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

"The Fine Gael TD added: “The big question will be is Tory Island included in the maps, because if the islanders find out they are not included there could be a serious militant offensive from them.”

I cannot wait to tell the girlfriend and everyone else on Tory this! I would love to see an all out attack from Tory, we'd all be under King Patsy within a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I always said successive governments didn't know Donegal was part of the Republic, actually a neighbour here in Meath thought it was part of the 6 counties! She thought because of my accent I was from N.I. and was sure Donegal was in the 6 counties. Mind you maybe we would be better off if we were! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I always said successive governments didn't know Donegal was part of the Republic, actually a neighbour here in Meath thought it was part of the 6 counties! She thought because of my accent I was from N.I. and was sure Donegal was in the 6 counties. Mind you maybe we would be better off if we were! :eek:

A lot or Americans have problems also as they read that Donegal is in the north as that Donegal is in the North.

And NO WAY! SHEESH! In the 6 counties I mean.. I left the UK for good reasons....

• Advertisement

It's ok Grace, I was joking lol. :D

http://http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/county-not-forgotten-crisis-hq-2149158.html

Thursday April 22 2010

Officials insisted Donegal had not been overlooked by the Government's crisis response team - despite claims of a missing map at its control centre.

While detailed charts for the east, west and south of Ireland hung at the heart of the National Emergency Co-ordinating Centre in Dublin on Monday and Tuesday, none were on display for the most northern county.

Staff at the HQ flatly denied any blunder, claiming number four in the series of Ordnance Survey maps, showing the northern end of the island, had been removed for a senior civil servant to use in a back office.

Is that not the most sorry excuse ever! Wouldn't you think they could make up something better than that lmao!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It's ok Grace, I was joking lol. :D

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

http://http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/county-not-forgotten-crisis-hq-2149158.html

Thursday April 22 2010

Officials insisted Donegal had not been overlooked by the Government's crisis response team - despite claims of a missing map at its control centre.

While detailed charts for the east, west and south of Ireland hung at the heart of the National Emergency Co-ordinating Centre in Dublin on Monday and Tuesday, none were on display for the most northern county.

Staff at the HQ flatly denied any blunder, claiming number four in the series of Ordnance Survey maps, showing the northern end of the island, had been removed for a senior civil servant to use in a back office.

Is that not the most sorry excuse ever! Wouldn't you think they could make up something better than that lmao!!

lamest excuse ever !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 LikePlace

Ireland would be missing a limb.

http://bit.ly/bGvrx7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

In 2006, a leaflet was distributed by FAS which had a map showing a large chunk of North Donegal as being part of Northern Ireland. What made this error all the more funnier was that the chairman of FAS at the time, was a Donegal man!

http://sluggerotoole.com/2006/05/24/republic_loses_the_top_of_donegal_again/

Sorry but this is the only link I can find to the story, which I remember being ranted about on Joe Duffy...

Does anyone remember the time when An Post mistakenly printed special St. Patrick's Day cards with the flag of the Ivory Coast on the front! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

In 2006, a leaflet was distributed by FAS which had a map showing a large chunk of North Donegal as being part of Northern Ireland. What made this error all the more funnier was that the chairman of FAS at the time, was a Donegal man!

http://sluggerotoole.com/2006/05/24/republic_loses_the_top_of_donegal_again/

Sorry but this is the only link I can find to the story, which I remember being ranted about on Joe Duffy...

Does anyone remember the time when An Post mistakenly printed special St. Patrick's Day cards with the flag of the Ivory Coast on the front! :pac:

lol, it gets better and better..

If you scroll down and read some of them comments after the article someone has linked to a site containing the offending leaflet....

donegal.jpg

Advertisement