Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rose and The Red Bull

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

They are very popular in Germany. I've seen them all over the place. Never ridden one though. Prices look OK from memory, but nothing amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ruprecht

Thanks for reply Raam. Just was looking at something different beyond the usual local Trek, Giant etc choices but have never seen any on the roads here myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hey Ruprecht,

I've a Red Bull mtb ('08 Al400 Werks) and have a friend that's rolling around on one of their Carbon Pro road bikes.

Personally can't fault the MTB - at the time was practically unbeatable for the money and haven't had one day of trouble (although the brake setup is euro which made anchoring up a bit :eek: at the start). Haven't heard anything negative about the road bike either.

Though for the price of those pro-2000's etc you might consider the Boardman Carbon team bike in Halfords (yes there's a good chance you'll meet someone else with on but you'll have a Cf frame instead of alu)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aidandoyle

I live in Germany and see a lot of Red Bull bikes around (mostly road). They have a very good reputation over here wrt price vs performance. The bike magazines over here feature them a lot and always give them great reviews. I know a fair few people who have the Pro SL 3000 and are very happy with them.
    You could do a lot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ruprecht

Thanks for the feedabck folks. I have looked at that Boardman Carbon alright - very nice and well speced but outside budget especially when I add in pedals etc. (Not AXA customer either). More realistic option for me is the lower priced ( non carbon) version.

• Advertisement
Advertisement