Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schools of economics thought question..

• 21-04-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just doing an essay for college, I have to compare neoclassical, marxian and institutiona/ post keynesian but I don't really know how to compare them? Like i can explain each but not make comparisons?

Would i be right in saying "unlike institutional and neoclassical eco, marxian eco poses a negative view of capitalism?!

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

lopppy wrote: »
    Just doing an essay for college, I have to compare neoclassical, marxian and institutiona/ post keynesian but I don't really know how to compare them?
    Consider how each views all the different aspects of economic thought (the creation of value, consumer theory, state intervention) and then see how they differ.
    Like i can explain each but not make comparisons?
    That wouldn't be comparing them :)
    Would i be right in saying "unlike institutional and neoclassical eco, marxian eco poses a negative view of capitalism?!
    Well it wouldn't be wrong, but it'd be a pretty crappy answer tbh. You need to explain why Marxism has a negative view of "capitalism", not just state that it does. You'll need to explain (for example) why the neo-Classical school's take on consumer behaviour means it does not think a Marxist system would work, or at least why it would be inefficient. You'd need to say why Post-Keynesianism thinks interventionist monetary policy can be a good idea, and why typical neo-Classicalism doesn't.

Advertisement