Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My W980 has died,what's a good replacement?

Options
  • 21-04-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

The fastport on my sony ericsson was acting up so looking online for a solution I decided that cleaning it was the best option. That didn't work and when I replaced the SIM into the phone I got a message saying "no network connection". Tried everything to fix it and nothing worked.

The SIM card is fine and it's back in my old W810 while I look for a new phone.

I'm looking for a phone with a good mp3/sound quality compared to the w980, good size memory (at least 4gb) either built in or via memory card and I'd also like a camera with 8mp or more.

I also had a 5800 Xpress and it kinda turned me off touchscreen phones but if there's a better one than that I wouldn't mind. In other words if it has all the right stuff I wouldn't mind a touchscreen.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

How about the W905 or the Satio/X10 if your going for a Touchscreen phone?

Have you tried to reflash the Software on the W980? or send it back to SE and say if just stopped picking up a network, cough cough

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You could still get your W980 fixed free of charge, i would try it out first before spending more cash. You also have your W810 to use while its in for repair.

Send it to MPRC or fonemenders. They both have a website where you will find their address and contact numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Only thing is that when I bought the W980 I got it unlocked so I'm not sure fonemenders would touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Shouldn't be a problem

Well in that case I'll pop in to them. Should save me some money.

• Advertisement

Brother took a look at the phone (not an expert but knows a bit) and apparently I completely ruined the antenna in the phone. Is that fixable?

Advertisement