Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Productivity Parameters

• 21-04-2010 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Heya guys,

Now, I've been presented with what ought to be a fairly straightforward calculation; however, there is one element that is puzzling.
    If one is to calculate the growth rate of an economy in a low growth steady state (poverty trap), one should use the following formula, right?

g* = 1 + γ . (ρ . θ . γ)^(θ/1-θ)

However, in this problem, you are only provided with the values for the parameter θ and the disocount factor (ρ). Without the parameter γ (productivity of educational investment), is it possible to compute this growth rate?
    There most likely is a simple solution to this question; however, I would be grateful if anybody could shed some light.

Thanks!;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Where did you get that formula from? Does [latex]\theta[/latex] have an intuitive meaning?

I'm a microeconomist... have you tried setting the first derivative equal to zero? :pac:

Advertisement