Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Pokemon ended Yet or Is it still being made ...

• 21-04-2010 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

When i was younger Ash (( I think ))

wanted to go to some league and become a pokemon master

What actually happens in the end

Besides the happily ever after of course

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

He got to the league, but he got knocked out.
    So instead of going back with better mons, he pissed off on another adventure because Prof Oak was too stingy to pay DHL delivery charges for a weird pokeball.
    Then he came home for a while.
    Then he went off again. And again.

(short answer)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Ash got to the Pokemon league and got to the fifth round (I think, been years since I saw it).

He then explored the Orange Islands with Misty and Tracey.

He then went to Johto with Brock and Misty. He got eight badges there and did the Pokemon league there too

Then went to Hoenn, with Brock and May and Max, got eight badges there and did the Pkemon league there too.

He then went to Sinnoh (anyone noticing the pattern yet) with Brock and Dawn and is currently getting eight badges and going to take part in the Pokemon league.

The anime is in its 12th season in Japan with nearly 650 episodes made and 13 movies. The thirteenth season will begin to follow Ash in the Pokemon Black and White region and will probably start featuring the 5th Generation of Pokemon

Team Rocket continue to follow Ash and try to catch Pikachu. Now thats dedication.

So yeah, Prof Oak is a stingey git, so Ash has to travel to a far off land to pick him up a pokeball. Brock abandons him and decides to stick around due to some female professor.
    They get some other guy who replaces Brock as the older,somewhat smarter one.

Ash does his usual thing off getting badges and enters the Orange League and wins.
    He deserves neither the badges or the victory.

He comes home, hands Oak the ball, and the new guy stays with Oak due to his epic man crush on him.

Then Ash and Misty decide to rock on into the sunset towards the silver and gold games(Johto). Brock comes back, probably for being too creepy and getting rejected.

Ash gets his ass kicked by a trainer from Hoenn (ruby and sapphire) so decides its a good idea to go there.

So he drops by home, abandons his remaining Pokemon with Oak, and heads off with Pikachu. Misty gets called back to her Gym because her sisters are utterly useless and shes a little bit less useless.

Abandoned by Misty, Ash latches onto another female character and her little brother.
    He competes in their league.
    Comes home. Competes in a new league in his homeland.

Abandons more pokemon and friends. And leaves for Sinnoh. (diamond and pearl).
    Once again, Ash grabs a new female character and meanders around.

Basically theres no end, every new game means Ash fecks off to a new land and abandons his previous mon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Nerin wrote: »
    So yeah, Prof Oak is a stingey git, so Ash has to travel to a far off land to pick him up a pokeball. Brock abandons him and decides to stick around due to some female professor.
    They get some other guy who replaces Brock as the older,somewhat smarter one.

Ash does his usual thing off getting badges and enters the Orange League and wins.
    He deserves neither the badges or the victory.

He comes home, hands Oak the ball, and the new guy stays with Oak due to his epic man crush on him.

Then Ash and Misty decide to rock on into the sunset towards the silver and gold games(Johto). Brock comes back, probably for being too creepy and getting rejected.

Ash gets his ass kicked by a trainer from Hoenn (ruby and sapphire) so decides its a good idea to go there.

So he drops by home, abandons his remaining Pokemon with Oak, and heads off with Pikachu. Misty gets called back to her Gym because her sisters are utterly useless and shes a little bit less useless.

Abandoned by Misty, Ash latches onto another female character and her little brother.
    He competes in their league.
    Comes home. Competes in a new league in his homeland.

Abandons more pokemon and friends. And leaves for Sinnoh. (diamond and pearl).
    Once again, Ash grabs a new female character and meanders around.

Basically theres no end, every new game means Ash fecks off to a new land and abandons his previous mon.
    Seems someone's a huge fan... ;)

Was actually thinking of getting my hands on all the old seasons so I can rewatch... Been years...

Slugs wrote: »
    Seems someone's a huge fan... ;)

Was actually thinking of getting my hands on all the old seasons so I can rewatch... Been years...
    :pac:

Ah when it first came out i was a little interested, but tbh the stories or the nods in the games were better.
    Like in Silver when i met Red(ash) at the end of the cave and we had the epic battle...just so win.

• Advertisement

Well I mean, I was one of the first Irish fans *self righteous medal given* :P. I remember when it first appeared on sky one at like 6am in the morning. I also remember being 6/7 years old and getting up that early just to watch it, on a SCHOOL DAY!!! Now that's dedication. (Needless to say, my playdough creations and addition suffered heavily...)

Well I mean, I was one of the first Irish fans *self righteous medal given* :P. I remember when it first appeared on sky one at like 6am in the morning. I also remember being 6/7 years old and getting up that early just to watch it, on a SCHOOL DAY!!! Now that's dedication. (Needless to say, my playdough creations and addition suffered heavily...)
    6 or 7 am, and it always being a repeast of the metapod episode. drove me nuts.

Well I'm telling you, there were deep hidden philisophical and metaphysical messages behind the story of metapod... I've yet to find any, but as soon I do I'll let you know...

Well I'm telling you, there were deep hidden philisophical and metaphysical messages behind the story of metapod... I've yet to find any, but as soon I do I'll let you know...
    cheers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

ive got all the episodes up to the start of johto. Pretty nostagic looking back on them. But they were great. I remember out tv was broken for about a week, and when i saw it again ash had got charmander, squirtle and bulbasaur. I was gutted as id missed how he got them. That was when the den showed em. We didnt have sky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I still miss Ash's Charizard :( It was pretty strong as the anime went, even beating Articuno in one of the story arcs, when Ash was doing one of those Battle Frontier things.

Not to mention the fact that each new series has a new female character for fans to write fanfic about Ash and her hooking up. Or Ash realizing he loves Misty. Or Ash realizing that girls are different to boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I found myself watching Pokémon Battle Dimension the other morning with my daughter because she likes cute critters and - good as it is - my Spongebob threshold is about 88 minutes. I have to say, it's one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen. When you consider that it shares it's heritage with HeMan and Transformers - ie that it exists solely as a marketing tool for a game / toy - it's pitiful how little effort is put into the story. And it totally misrepresents the gameplay with their live dodging of attacks and counterattacking.

Any fanfic about Ash and his exploits with a Lopunny that turns out to be a male? (It's the Arcturan incident all over again...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The anime has turned to complete crap, I think the only real reason they keep making it is to get ratings in Japan.

Alright, Sinnoh pulled it back by a tiny little bit, but not by much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

To be fair, I think some of you may have romanticised the Kanto league arc to some extent. I'm about half way through it now and it definitely isn't as good as the first time I watched it (and watched it, and watched it...). There are a few things from the later episodes that I would love to have seen in the original series (some of the battle animations are much better) but a good few things that are better than the later series (voices, story to an extent etc.).

@ Banjo - I prefer the battles in the anime. It's more true to life, if Pokemon existed (and a little part of me goes to bed wishing they would), with dodging, on the fly moves etc. whereas the games just simulate this as much as possible. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

freyaplus wrote: »
    Team Rocket continue to follow Ash and try to catch Pikachu. Now thats dedication.

Does every episode still follow the same structure of;

New Pokemon introduced
    Team Rocket interfer
    Ash saves the day
    Pikachu uses Thunderbolt and defeats any pokemon (totally going against the rules of the game)
    Team Rocket vow revenge

Should I take it that "Meowth thats right?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

you left out the part where brock gets horny at the site of any skirt other than his female companion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Does every episode still follow the same structure of;

New Pokemon introduced
    Team Rocket interfer
    Ash saves the day
    Pikachu uses Thunderbolt and defeats any pokemon (totally going against the rules of the game)
    Team Rocket vow revenge

Should I take it that "Meowth thats right?"
    wobbles wrote: »
    you left out the part where brock gets horny at the site of any skirt other than his female companion

Yea, that's pretty much every episode these days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I never liked the tv show, loved the games since day 1 but the anime always paled in comparison to 'proper' anime. (I use the term loosely since I'm no expert) Ranma 1/2 ftw! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

Hands up anyone who insisted it was Moltres until Ho-oh appeared?
    Even though niether looked like either. The foreshadowing was massive
    but yes, here we are ten years later, with a lawnmower as a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Balasubbie wrote: »
    Hands up anyone who insisted it was Moltres until Ho-oh appeared?

When I first watched it I could never figure out why Ash didn't recognize Moltres at the start of the Indigo Tournament as surely it was the Pokemon who flew over him at the beginning.

I was also confused when a Togepi hatched from the egg and by the weird tyre elephant Pokemon (Donphan) from the first movie. Gold and Silver hadn't been announced at the time.

As time went on I started to find Ash and Pikachu got more insufferable until I could not stand either of them. However to this day I love Team Rocket. Any episodes where they were the main characters were my favourite,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Still kicking and will keep on kicking the next gen game are almost here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_k5PEVsr9A&feature=related

so ash will keep doing what he does best and move to were every the next gen game is set.
    get and net a new girl and rince and repeat, the same as every other season since it begain :/

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

freyaplus wrote: »

As time went on I started to find Ash and Pikachu got more insufferable until I could not stand either of them.

The pair of'em tend to get tedious whatwith the floating charactherisation
    that fluctuates between Ash being a battling genius and him not knowing
    his arse from his elbow. Mind you, that bit in the first movie where he
    interupts Mewtwo declarative speech by walking through the smoke
    and calmly exclaiming "no that won't happen, I won't let you", epic sir,
    flat out epic and indeed, one of the finest moments I've ever encountered
    in an anime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Hyperupdate

The anime is rubbish. Team Rocket should be alot stronger now with all the battles they had :)

Advertisement