Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prov. Licence insurance - confused

• 21-04-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

Folks,
    Can somebody set me straight on this one,
    My details:

Mid 30s
    First prov bike licence (A)
    Bike 250 Virago

Last week got insurance quote from Quinn
    This week rang them back to take the insurance,
    Operator tells me that I should not have been given a quote
    because I'm not licenced to drive the bike, I can only drive
    a bike up to 125cc.

I think he is wrong ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

If you have a A class learner permit, Quinn's rep is wrong, you are not limited on cc but you are on power and power-to-weight ratio. The Virago 250 breaches none of these limits.

Try Aon, if you're getting no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

This isn't the first time I've heard customers being given this sort of info from Quinn - sounds as if there's someone there who hasn't a clue.

As Jayok said, try AON, or just phone Quinn again - if you speak to someone else, you could get completely different information!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Give Alelaide a call. They've been way cheaper then Quinn for a few friends and myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

It's just the Quinn worker getting it wrong, ring again hopefully you'll get somebody with half a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Your entitled to drive anything up to 35kw i think and i defo insured my last 250 with Quinn on said license :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

Thanks for all the replies,

AON were 24 Euro dearer than the supposed Quinn quote, went with them, couldn't be bothered fluting around with Quinn, also wouldn't trust that they'll be around much longer - especially with clueless knobheads manning the phones.

Adelaide wont quote for provisional licences.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Your entitled to drive anything up to 35kw i think and i defo insured my last 250 with Quinn on said license :D
    Its 25kW or 33bhp. Quinn are wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Milton09 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies,

AON were 24 Euro dearer than the supposed Quinn quote, went with them, couldn't be bothered fluting around with Quinn, also wouldn't trust that they'll be around much longer - especially with clueless knobheads manning the phones.

Adelaide wont quote for provisional licences.

Really? AON were 3500 more then quinn for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

quinn will be gone by the end of the year
    bare that in mind

Advertisement