Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where will Mourinho be coaching next season.

• 21-04-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

As so many threads seem to decend into this discussion it's about time it has it's own thread.

For my own 2 cent I reckon he'll go to City- he followed the money when he went to Chelsea and is no moron, cash will guarantee success.

Liverpool- they are broke and their supporters are delusional if they think he would go near that mess.

Man Utd.- Fergie isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Real madrid- He's too clever to go to Madrid. He would never get any credit for doing well and would get all the blame for any losses. Their supporters are really tough too.

Inter- Even if they win the Champions league he's leaving Italy anyway.

Which club will Mourinho be coaching at next season 140 votes

Inter Milan
    0% 0 votes
    Man Utd.
    42% 59 votes
    Man City
    7% 10 votes
    Real Madrid.
    15% 22 votes
    Liverpool
    19% 27 votes
    Other.
    15% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Barcelona- Think he could, better chance than City IMO.

if not Inter, he is doesn't dislike Italy as much as he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

As so many threads seem to decend into this discussion it's about time it has it's own thread.

For my own 2 cent I reckon he'll go to City- he followed the money when he went to Chelsea and is no moron, cash will guarantee success.

Liverpool- they are broke and their supporters are delusional if they think he would go near that mess.

Man Utd.- Fergie isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Real madrid- He's too clever to go to Madrid. He would never get any credit for doing well and would get all the blame for any losses. Their supporters are really tough too.

Inter- Even if they win the Champions league he's leaving Italy anyway.

Be mental to see him at City:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If he is to move id imagine he would like to go to Man Utd for some reason but id say Fergie will have one more year and he may end up at City if its england he heads to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

No chance he would go to City, imo, he had that problem with Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

peabutler wrote: »
    Barcelona- Think he could, better chance than City IMO.

You've been listening to Neil3030 too much :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

baz2009 wrote: »
    No chance he would go to City, imo, he had that problem with Chelsea.
    What problem with Chelsea?

I think he'd love to go to Spain for a year because then he could be looking at league titles in spain,Italy and England a huge achievement

he could take a year off then replace Fergie, he is an odd one really as his style (both personal and footballing wise) doesnt fit with all clubs but i cant see him not managing a top european team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dispite his moaning about Italy, he'll stay there for one more season, then he'll move to either Barca or Liverpool if the gig is free (who by then will be under new oil rich ownership)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Man City will dangle a HUGE cheque in front of him, give him a bottomless transfer budget, will be playing Champions League football (well, probably)and already have a fairly strong squad.

Every chance he will go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

DazMarz wrote: »
    Man City will dangle a HUGE cheque in front of him, give him a bottomless transfer budget, will be playing Champions League football (well, probably)and already have a fairly strong squad.

Every chance he will go there.

Man City won't sack Mancini if he makes Champions League.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I think it's a real possibility he 'might' end up at City & as a city fan I'm in 2 minds about this. I can't stand his style of football, sure it gets results and he will win things. Bring back Keegan tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

karma_ wrote: »
    I think it's a real possibility he 'might' end up at City & as a city fan I'm in 2 minds about this. I can't stand his style of football, sure it gets results and he will win things. Bring back Keegan tbh!
    I think a club like Newcastle would be perfect for him. They are an ambitious club who have had not the best of luck with their managers bar keeger in the nineties. Hughton has done a great job but think someone like Jose could take them further. Re Milan hasnt he made it clear he wants to leave. He doesnt like the media over there at all judging by his comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Newcastle???

Chelsea, Inter Newcastle.

It wouldn't be taking a step back so much as a charity project. No chance.

Look, the guy is undefeated at home with all his teams since 2002

He will not be going to newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Newcastle? wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Look, the guy is undefeated at home with all his teams since 2002
    Not true.

What problem with Chelsea?

I think he'd love to go to Spain for a year because then he could be looking at league titles in spain,Italy and England a huge achievement

Moneybags owners that expect the world within three seasons and want to tell him who to buy and where to play them.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Not true.

yeah there is some sort of strange loophole used to keep that stat going like he has only lost cup games or something iirc, damn impressive either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I think a club like Newcastle would be perfect for him. They are an ambitious club who have had not the best of luck with their managers bar keeger in the nineties. Hughton has done a great job but think someone like Jose could take them further. Re Milan hasnt he made it clear he wants to leave. He doesnt like the media over there at all judging by his comments

I hope this is a joke. If he joins Newcastle, I'll give you everything I own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Not true.

In the league since 2003 isn't it?

yeah there is some sort of strange loophole used to keep that stat going like he has only lost cup games or something iirc, damn impressive either way
    I think its three years. was brought up here a few months ago. His team were trailing 2-0 down at the san siro and they came back to either win or draw game. Amazing record no matter how long it is

• Advertisement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Mourinho
    Unbeaten home record
    On April 16th 2010, after the 34th round of 2009–10 Serie A, Mourinho is on a run of 134 home league matches unbeaten: 38 (W36-D2) with Porto, 60 (W46-D14) with Chelsea, 36 (W27-D9) with Internazionale.
    His last and only home league defeat came when Porto were defeated 3–2 by Beira-Mar on 23 February 2002.[48]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

On April 16th 2010, after the 34th round of 2009–10 Serie A, Mourinho is on a run of 134 home league matches unbeaten: 38 (W36-D2) with Porto, 60 (W46-D14) with Chelsea, 36 (W27-D9) with Internazionale.
    His last and only home league defeat came when Porto were defeated 3–2 by Beira-Mar on 23 February 2002.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Damn you, Incognito! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

facepalm.jpg

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I hope this is a joke. If he joins Newcastle, I'll give you everything I own.
    which would be what exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

as lloyd said its league though!

still obv very good

as lloyd said its league though!

8 years unbeaten- only in the leagues. :rolleyes:

I mean in the premiership and Serie A and the Portugese Leagues. That's all.

Cup games are what- 6/7 in a domestic and 10 odd in Europe verses 18-20 Home league games EVERY year.

That's an unbelievable stat. For someone to come back and say "Ah, what about cup games," is entirely missing the point.

Show me another manager who has a better record at home in the league over a period twice as a long and I'll shake your hand.

mike65 wrote: »
    Dispite his moaning about Italy, he'll stay there for one more season, then he'll move to either Barca or Liverpool if the gig is free (who by then will be under new oil rich ownership)
    Not sure if i would fancy Mourinho (unless he takes Sneijder with him) Team did well last night but overall not a huge fan of his style of football. That and the fact he told fans to shush during carling cup fans a few years back ;)

Cup games are what- 6/7 in a domestic and 10 odd in Europe verses 18-20 Home league games EVERY year.

That's an unbelievable stat. For someone to come back and say "Ah, what about cup games," is entirely missing the point.

Show me another manager who has a better record at home in the league over a period twice as a long and I'll shake your hand.

Why does it have to be twice as long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

wooahh there lad. I was only saying that your original statement wasnt accurate. Its an incredible record. Dont get so defensive mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Sorry lads, but it's all done and dusted. He's coaching at Real Madrid next season.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Sorry lads, but it's all done and dusted. He's coaching at Real Madrid next season.
    Source?

Source?

This is inside info.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    This is inside info.
    Ever since Kess's brother gave us the wrong pool team im very wary about inside info ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Newcastle?

Newcastle?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

In a way, taking over Madrid would be a unique challenge, trying to last a sustained amount of time there, which would require constant success. Up against Barca, probably the best team at this moment in time. He might just consider it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Pretty sure Jose has said its his ambition is to win La Liga. In turn being the first manager to win Seria A, Premier League and La Liga.

In a way, taking over Madrid would be a unique challenge, trying to last a sustained amount of time there, which would require constant success. Up against Barca, probably the best team at this moment in time. He might just consider it.

Exactly. Even if it's the typical revolving door scenario he can leave after one season with his reputation intact and find a huge job. If it goes tits up, blame Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

to be honest i'd be more surprised to see him at madrid next year than at newcastle. i only ask myself why would he bother, if he won the league sure we'd all say well he had all those stars with whoever else may arrive this year.

In my opinion mourinho enjoys success and to be appreciated for the job he's done which i dont think he would get at Madrid. I must add though i dont know him personally so i could be wrong.

personally i'm praying that theres some bored oil billionaire who has been a red all his life and takes over the pool and just opens his pockets and fills the kop with blank cheques then maybe he might come to liverpool cos mourinho could then could build something that could be huge and become a god like shankly.

if mourinho wanted he could swing by barca and pick up messi on his way to liverpool

Iang87 wrote: »
    to be honest i'd be more surprised to see him at madrid next year than at newcastle. i only ask myself why would he bother, if he won the league sure we'd all say well he had all those stars with whoever else may arrive this year.

In my opinion mourinho enjoys success and to be appreciated for the job he's done which i dont think he would get at Madrid. I must add though i dont know him personally so i could be wrong.

personally i'm praying that theres some bored oil billionaire who has been a red all his life and takes over the pool and just opens his pockets and fills the kop with blank cheques then maybe he might come to liverpool cos mourinho could then could build something that could be huge and become a god like shankly.

if mourinho wanted he could swing by barca and pick up messi on his way to liverpool
    Messi at Liverpool. that would be something to behold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Messi at Liverpool. that would be something to behold

So would Jose at Newcastle, will you please address that post you made, it's insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Iang87 wrote: »

And then before our first home match of the season pigs will be flying around the stadium taking drinks orders & handing out matchday programs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Whether we like it or not, Florentino Perez gets what Florentino Perez wants, so I think if he were to leave Inter the smart money would be on Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

If he does win the CL this season I think he will look to move on, if he doesnt he might stay another year. I cant ever see Barca hiring him as manager as he would not fit into the Barca style of play - his teams generally are horrible to watch. Anyone that have watched Inter for the last 2 seasons will testify to this and he was the same at Chelsea. Great manager but watching his teams play can be painful.

If he was to move I'd imagine it would be Man City or Real. If he went to Real he would be gone after his first season as the Real fans/Board would get sick of his style of play and he would get the boot irrespective of what he won.

Inter or Real Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

For some reason I can really see Jose at Liverpool. Not saying its going to happen but the lure of the manager getting liverpool their first premier league really fits his m.o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Hoki wrote: »
    And then before our first home match of the season pigs will be flying around the stadium taking drinks orders & handing out matchday programs.

now that would be perfect, they say money can buy anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

a year at madrid and then off to old trafford is my guess, i just cant see him staying at inter next season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Cork City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd say he'll probably stay at Inter, and hope to move onto the United or Barca jobs when Fergie or Pep decide to move on.

If he's leaving this summer, I would peg Liverpool as the most likely destination - and that's not very likely!

• Advertisement
Advertisement