Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry meteor settings

Options
  • 21-04-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I just bought a sim free blackberry storm 9500, and like a lot of meteor users found out that meteor cant send the settings onto me for internet email, mms etc. BUT, they did give me them over the phone, but i cant find where to enter them in??? i cant find data connections etc??? any advice or help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

In the menu, try go to options > Advanced Options > TCP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

arsebandit wrote: »
    I just bought a sim free blackberry storm 9500, and like a lot of meteor users found out that meteor cant send the settings onto me for internet email, mms etc. BUT, they did give me them over the phone, but i cant find where to enter them in??? i cant find data connections etc??? any advice or help would be great.

The thing about Blackberry handsets is that you can't enter in MMS, WAP, Internet APN settings like you can with a normal handset and expect them to work, as they work differently. Some Boards users have had luck in being able to browse the Internet, but I can't remember exactly how they managed this; I suggest you use the search function for other Blackberry posts for assistance.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    The thing about Blackberry handsets is that you can't enter in MMS, WAP, Internet APN settings like you can with a normal handset and expect them to work, as they work differently. Some Boards users have had luck in being able to browse the Internet, but I can't remember exactly how they managed this; I suggest you use the search function for other Blackberry posts for assistance.

Most of the older ones you can using the menu options i posted, just im not certain if its the same in the storm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Davy wrote: »
    Most of the older ones you can using the menu options i posted, just im not certain if its the same in the storm

Have you got them working by manually adding them before? From what I've read, and experienced myself, only sending the service books to the handset, obviously from a Blackberry supported service provider, enabled MMS, WAP, Internet etc to work successfully and continuously.

Ye, it works on older models anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

I entered the apn user name and password in the TCP/IP section, but still nothing
    If i go into browser it says i have no "service book" ??? I think the only way is to receive them from the network provider as mentioned above ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

arsebandit wrote: »
    I entered the apn user name and password in the TCP/IP section, but still nothing
    If i go into browser it says i have no "service book" ??? I think the only way is to receive them from the network provider as mentioned above ?????

Did you get anywhere with this? Having the same problem myself at the moment.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

This will work alright, as Davy described, but NOT using the native browser
    You need a 3rd party browser installed, such as Opera Mini.

Hi Mike

I'm using opera for my browser, the only thing I need now to be 100% happy is to be able to send and receive MMS's....

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Trying to get 3g data settings working on a Bold 9000 on Meteor payg, anyone any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 evil.monkey84

Sorry guys i know this is an old post but did you get the phone working?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

you will get internet through opera mini but that is pretty much all

Advertisement