Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fallout 3 question.

• 21-04-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hi ,I ordered a copy of fallout 3 for the PS3 by mistake on bargain alerts.
    I've always wanted to get it for the Xbox ,I got it for the pc ,but my pc is crap.

Is it worth my while changing the ps3 copy for an xbox copy?
    P.S. I have a ps3 btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

No real difference. Few issues with the screen freezing seem to have been ironed out. I have it on both and notice very little difference anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fallout 3 runs and looks better on the 360 than the PS3. It has a smoother frame rate and increased draw distance. Also the PS3 version can have some white line gaps between textures at times that are a bit off-putting. I believe the PS3 version has been patched since to address these issues but I don't have my PS3 copy anymore so I don't really know.

Other than that if you like the 360 controller over the PS3 one then I'd try and change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Thanks for the replies ,I do prefer the 360 controller and thats something that was bugging me.
    I'll see if one of the game shops will take an unopened ps3 version off me ,never traded anything in before.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

If its unopened they may take it but don't get your hopes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Worst comes to worst, you could trade it in second hand to xtravision or somewhere, and get yourself the GOTY ed for it's trade in value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

Gamestop give you fairly decent store credit, I got €15 for opened Darksiders.

Once there's no scratches basicly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

No real difference. Few issues with the screen freezing seem to have been ironed out. I have it on both and notice very little difference anyway.

Why?

I have heard of people getting the same game across different consoles and platforms. Could never figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Funkfield wrote: »
    Why?

I have heard of people getting the same game across different consoles and platforms. Could never figure it out.

Well with Fallout 3 all the DLC was released on the xbox AGES before it was on the ps3 so some people who owned both consoles but only had the ps3 edition got the 360 one to play the dlc. Similar story with GTA4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Funkfield wrote: »
    Why?

I own both

I originally got it on the PS3. One of my favourite games ever, and when I bought my Xbox I picked up the Game of the Year edition for pretty much the same price as buying all the DLC on the PS3. Mainly because I wanted to play through it again and buying the Xbox version gave me that incentive. Trying to max out the achievements made sure I didn't just rush through it for the sake of the extra DLC either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Hi ,I ordered a copy of fallout 3 for the PS3 by mistake on bargain alerts.
    I've always wanted to get it for the Xbox ,I got it for the pc ,but my pc is crap.

Is it worth my while changing the ps3 copy for an xbox copy?
    P.S. I have a ps3 btw.
    I have Fallout 3 for the Xbox and I'd rather have it for the PS3. I'll swap with you if like?

• Advertisement
Advertisement