Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burberry bangles - opinions please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

OMG, 140 euro for a plastic bangle?

Shoot me, but is there not a recession?!!! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm thinking of buying an acrylic bangle from Burberry as a gift for someone. Not one of the massive oversized ones, but something like:

In 'pale rock pink'-

http://www.burberry.eu/fcp/product/clothing-accessories/jewellery/fine-check-embossed-acrylic-dégradé-bangle/10000011049?colour=pale%20rock%20pink&lastcategoryurl=true

There's also a 'frosted pink'-

http://www.burberry.eu/fcp/product/clothing-accessories/New-Arrivals/FINE-CHECK-EMBOSSED-ACRYLIC-BANGLE/10000008245?colour=frosted_pink

There are more sober black, grey and tan colours available too. My question is one of the pinks a bit risky and would a darker colour be a bit more flexible / likely to be worn?

-thanks in advance for any help for my cluelesness.
    Does the person you getting the gift for usually wear bright colours (pink etc)?

To be honest, I'd get a black bangle, the pink bangle's are risky (imo) and may not be worn often (if at all), whereas with black/grey they are more flexible colours.

That said, I rarely wear bangles myself so I'm probably not the best to give advice lol.:o:)

Hope this helps (somehow).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

If I got a €140 plastic bangle for a present I'd think the giver was bonkers.

Why? Why? Why? :confused:

What's wrong with Topshop, Accessorize or Oasis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Agree with the others above...i literally went :eek: when i seen the €140 price tag.Thats just nuts for an acrylic bangle...theyre honestly not very nice either sorry. I definitely could think of alot better things to spend your money on OP. But, yeh, black is a safer bet than the pinks tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 radha

To be fair, the OP didn't ask for opinions on their bank balance just on the bangle. Personally, I wouldn't like it. It's a fairly niche type product so obviously you would need to be very familiar with the person's individual style if you are giving that type of gift but the fact you are asking for opinions here suggests you may not be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I prefer the light pink one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Sorry but the black one looks very dull, harsh & cheap to me, at least the pale pink one has a lighter more elegant look to it. Frosted one looks too pink. My fav colour in them would the the Trench one but meeehh that's me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

the first pink one is the nicer of the two

Depends on the person's individual style.

I love the camomile one, think its funky.
    It's not something i'd buy for myself, as i would feel guilty about spending so much on myself.
    But would love to get it as a present (and not think of all the other things i could have done with the money!)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Milesandmiles

Hi,

personally I'd prefer the darker pink one. I think it will be easier to match up. I'm sure you know the person you're buying for well enough to know that they will see the value in it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Hmm- thanks for the replies, guess I'll have to think on this a bit more and maybe solicit some more opinions on the sly from friends on the colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Trench one but meeehh that's me.
    Yeh the Trench colour is nice too. Probably "go" with more things as its a fairly neutral colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I like the second one. You might not wear it as often as it wont go with as many things but its more noticeable and would brighten up an outfit.

Mad money for a bangle in my opinion but its the OP's money to spend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Not a fan of either of those bangles. If you would like to buy this person a designer bangle then Jessica Kagan Cushman has great bangles! All the bangles have something written on them too - I've a few of them.

Here they are:
    http://www.jessicacushman.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=JKC&Category_Code=NantucketBracelets

Much nicer than the burberry bracelets anyway. Plus if the girl you are buying for is obsessed with celebrity style, a ton of celebs wear Jessica's bangles.

Advertisement