Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire Vodafone 3g Ready to go settings

• 21-04-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Finally got my HTC Desire yesterday, phone has synced up to Vodafones 3g network automatically,

Just wondering ahsnaybody found out what are the best settings for pre pay customers?

Id generally want to use 3 every day, i think im on a 1euro per day rate atm, anything better out there on pre pay?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I am/was on vf payg but they really don't have any Desire friendly payg plans. For the amount of data people will go through the only real option they offer is bill pay and that's just poor compared to other networks. That's why I switched to meteor smart pay lite.

Wish I didn't have to change networks or go to bill pay but vf didn't leave me with any other decent option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Vodafone 360 claims to offer a 39c per day charge for 100mb, that seems good to me anyway.
    I haven't even used 3g yet so I dunno what the deal with that is. Does vf360 work for desire?

I'm under the impression that data roaming is still 99c for 50mb a day in the EU under that plan but I may be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You can buy an Internet add on from the Vodafone website, that's €20 for 1 month of data, up to 5GB, that's what I do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

You can buy an Internet add on from the Vodafone website, that's €20 for 1 month of data, up to 5GB, that's what I do anyway.

Yup, thats what i do too, combined with free vodafone texts and the cabbage app you only have to pay for calls to other networks and landlines, good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

Vodafone 360 claims to offer a 39c per day charge for 100mb, that seems good to me anyway.
    I haven't even used 3g yet so I dunno what the deal with that is. Does vf360 work for desire?

I'm under the impression that data roaming is still 99c for 50mb a day in the EU under that plan but I may be wrong.

VF360 does only charge 39c per day for 100mb but the Desire isn't a 360 compatible handset so 99c for 50mb is the daily rate. While the €20 add-on is great if you don't use your phone for that purpose, i.e. as a phone to call people, if you do then, at present, Meteor offers the best deal with Smart Surf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ozz

Bought the Desire on the strength of this plan after reading posts on this site but now Vodafone claim you can't avail of it and that you never could either. They say my only option is 99c per day or go on a monthly rental contract :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

ozz wrote: »
    Bought the Desire on the strength of this plan after reading posts on this site but now Vodafone claim you can't avail of it and that you never could either. They say my only option is 99c per day or go on a monthly rental contract :mad:
    I just use the vodafone isp one for when I'm out and about and wifi at home.
    on vodafone pre pay so get free calls and texts to vodafone. Still have loads of credit works out grand me.

Keith186 wrote: »
    I just use the vodafone isp one for when I'm out and about
    hey Keith, what's the "isp one"? I'm being charged 99c per day for vodafone live which gets used by the weather widget etc. i turned on my email (gmail) and noticed my credit took an additional hit. not sure what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Yup, thats what i do too, combined with free vodafone texts and the cabbage app you only have to pay for calls to other networks and landlines, good deal!

Have you tried Textdroid over Cabbage?
    I personally prefer Textdroid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

ozz wrote: »
    hey Keith, what's the "isp one"? I'm being charged 99c per day for vodafone live which gets used by the weather widget etc. i turned on my email (gmail) and noticed my credit took an additional hit. not sure what's going on.

There are three main apns.
    There is the normal ISP which works like a normal internet service provider and is 19c per mb.
    The second one is the live apn which works pretty much the same as the first one and is 99c per day up to 50mb but you have ads on the top and bottom and not every web page is available through this buy loads were opened to apparently after vodafon launched the I phone. There is a way to remove ads.
    Third one is mms for sending picture messages.

If you were using live apn you should just get charged the 99c. Install 3g watchdog from the market place to monitor data usage .

• Advertisement

thanks

Advertisement