Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone travelling back from USA soon?

• 21-04-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭

In what may be the most ironic "fail" of my bike purchasing career, I've been given a quote of $400 to ship a $350 hard case (mostly full of air) from the US.

The case is for my folding travel bike, one of the flimsy justifications for which is to reduce airline baggage charges. :pac:

Case dimensions are 26" x 26" x 10" which meets the typical airline standard maximum size limit of 62" combined (length + width + thickness), so can be checked on as ordinary hold baggage.

Is there anyone out there travelling from the US to Ireland before the end of May?

I'd be happy to bung a bit of cash/beer/new boards jersey to compensate for the hassle of repacking your clothes etc into the case for the flight.

Any other suggestions welcome.

p_snsc36.jpg

Advertisement