Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail late as usual

• 21-04-2010 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

just got off the 5pm sligo train that arrived 48minutes late into connolly due to some signalling fault/error, we the passengers were told nothing and didn't even get an apology for missing connections etc irish rail are a waste of resources and should be sold off to the highest bidder imo.

if anyone wants to share their tales of late trains and missed connections due to irish rails delays feel free to post here! just give what train you were on and where you got off and by how much the train was delayed. please also give any reason for the delay if told by an irish rail representative.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah, Connolly-bound services are a bit of a mess at the moment http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/results.asp

If it ever goes over the hour, demand free tea & coffee and a refund form.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Had something similar happen a few months ago heading down to Mayo, train broke down and had to be partly evacuated because of smoke inside and no sorry for the delay or explaining what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

will they pay for a taxi to cover my missed connection? no that would never ever happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Were you getting another train and therefore even more late?

Certainly send them a letter.

No, a private bus at 8.45pm from georges quay but the train due at 8.02pm only arrived at 8.47pm so I had to get a much later bus at 11.10pm. Irish fail really should be accountable to someone over their failures as it is the only thing they can do consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

As Victor says I would write in about that - what have you to lose?

It is unacceptable for customers not to be told the reason for delays.

KC61 wrote: »
    As Victor says I would write in about that - what have you to lose?

It is unacceptable for customers not to be told the reason for delays.
    yes you would think that writing to them would get something done but from memory of writing to them before the reaction the letter got was nothing at all! i got an email to say my letter had been passed on to someone else more able to deal with it and have heard nothing since!

maybe a letter to the minister for transport would get a better reaction especially if i popped one in the post for every delayed train/missed connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

foggy_lad wrote: »
    yes you would think that writing to them would get something done but from memory of writing to them before the reaction the letter got was nothing at all! i got an email to say my letter had been passed on to someone else more able to deal with it and have heard nothing since!

I wrote to them years ago about taking over 5 hours to get Dublin-Galway on St Patrick's day following multiple problems. They replied to me 3 months later in June telling me they'd refund me in full - if I sent in my used ticket. Because of course I still had that.

More recently, they also lost a letter that was hand delivered to the information desk in Connolly station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

My favourite was getting a train to Maynooth a few years ago, I was about 30 minutes early. I sat waiting at the platform the whole time watching the clock countdown. Eventually, it got to zero, no train. Then the next scheduled service arrived, no mention or announcement of the Maynooth train. I went to the "information desk" and asked what happened. The "helpful" girl told me I had just missed the train from platform 7 (where I had been waiting). She had no idea what happened.

I had one lecture that day and an awful hangover. I didn't make the lecture because of the phantom train. I never found out what happened.

Advertisement