Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Sensor Light bulbs-Any good?

Options
  • 21-04-2010 9:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

I saw these bulbs today in a well known UK based DIY store in Swords.

They have a sensor in them that senses when it gets dark and the light will come on when a certain darkness is reached.

Or thats the claim anyway.

Does anyone have these in their house and do they do what they say they do???

Are they any good?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

they should be ok as 'GE' is a quality brand

they're 'dawn to dusk' or photocell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

M cebee wrote: »
    they should be ok as 'GE' is a quality brand

they're 'dawn to dusk' or photocell

Could they be used indoors in a normal lamp fitting or a living room/bedroom,as a nice security measure if you were not at home when it got dark??

It would give the appearance that there was someone in the house??

ya

that model is E27 or screw-in though

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

Ge are indeed a decent brand but the megaman one on the left i think is better and better again in my opinion is the osram branded version if you can get it. a lot of the ge stuff you see in shops comes in whats called blister pack which basically means it come ready for display in shops. a lot of this type of lamp could be sitting in shops for ages getting knocked around and going by the colour of the ge box thats been there a while.
    also becarefull of which base you chose, those are es and most fittings in this country are bc

one of the main agents in north county dublin for megaman is eci lighting in finglas and i know that edmundsons in glasnevin do the osram one.

kicked around eh!:D

• Advertisement

lets just say that a lot of the returns i get back are ge pre pack ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ge are indeed a decent brand but the megaman one on the left i think is better and better again in my opinion is the osram branded version if you can get it. a lot of the ge stuff you see in shops comes in whats called blister pack which basically means it come ready for display in shops. a lot of this type of lamp could be sitting in shops for ages getting knocked around and going by the colour of the ge box thats been there a while.
    also becarefull of which base you chose, those are es and most fittings in this country are bc

one of the main agents in north county dublin for megaman is eci lighting in finglas and i know that edmundsons in glasnevin do the osram one.

Thanks for the advice.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

how much are they? its a great idea.

they cost roughly 14-17 euro plus vat and the most common wattages are 11 and 15 watts

Advertisement