Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finnegan's Bray night bus timetable

• 21-04-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading out tomorrow night to Bray, I live in Dun Laoghaire. I'm going to have to get Finnegan's bus home - I'm aware it doesn't go near Dun Laoghaire but I've taken it from town before and got off somewhere reasonably near Dun Laoghaire, I think maybe it was in Cabinteely or something, and then obviously a taxi trip is much less expensive.

I've heard that you can also get on the ones which are heading into town from Bray, and I plan to do this tomorrow night - unfortunately their website is hopeless and the timetables aren't even accessible right now - so can someone who has experience give me advice about this? What times does the bus leave Bray and where can I get it from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'm heading out tomorrow night to Bray, I live in Dun Laoghaire. I'm going to have to get Finnegan's bus home - I'm aware it doesn't go near Dun Laoghaire but I've taken it from town before and got off somewhere reasonably near Dun Laoghaire, I think maybe it was in Cabinteely or something, and then obviously a taxi trip is much less expensive.

I've heard that you can also get on the ones which are heading into town from Bray, and I plan to do this tomorrow night - unfortunately their website is hopeless and the timetables aren't even accessible right now - so can someone who has experience give me advice about this? What times does the bus leave Bray and where can I get it from?

Finnegans is a risk at best. Its hopeless and they never keep to a timetable. In fact, depending how late you are they may not even be running. If you early enough for the 145, catch it to Bray. Else get a taxi. I wouldn't count on Finnegans.

The route you want by the way is their Luas line. Which as you said stops in Cabinteely and along the N11 til Whites Cross, then up to Sandyford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Can you give me a timetable for that? Basically our idea is to try this bus and just get a taxi otherwise. We'd definitely be too late for an ordinary bus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The two of you are talking about different buses.

The OP is talking about the night bus while ironclaw is talking about the LUAS-Bray daytime service.

The night bus details are at:

http://www.finnegan-bray.ie/page10.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The night bus, is reliable, I get it back from town most weeks to Greystones.
    Unfortunately OP I'm not too sure about pick up points on the way out to town, but I have seen people getting off when he's collecting us in town so it is definitely possible.

Advertisement