Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere deliver timber pieces?

• 21-04-2010 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy about 10 sawn timber pieces (4"x2"x6') to use for garden fencing but have no transport this week so need them delivered. Have checked B&Q, Homebase, Atlantic and a few others online but for some reason timber is only available for store colection.
    Anybody know anyone who delivers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

blue_steel wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy about 10 sawn timber pieces (4"x2"x6') to use for garden fencing but have no transport this week so need them delivered. Have checked B&Q, Homebase, Atlantic and a few others online but for some reason timber is only available for store colection.
    Anybody know anyone who delivers?

Chadwicks deliver given a fews days notice. Not sure what their range of impregnated timber is though (assuming impregated is what you're needing)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kingchip

Where abouts are you?

I wouldn't buy timber off any of the diy shops, their all rip off merchants and most of the timber lengths are like bananas.

Most builders providers deliver but there is a minimum charge (usually 30 euro) but I think it would still work out about the same as buying from the diy shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭blue_steel

Kingchip wrote: »
    Where abouts are you?

I wouldn't buy timber off any of the diy shops, their all rip off merchants and most of the timber lengths are like bananas.

Most builders providers deliver but there is a minimum charge (usually 30 euro) but I think it would still work out about the same as buying from the diy shops.

In Castleknock. Thanks for replies. Will check out chadwicks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ciaranmc

there's larry's diy in drumcondra pass it going to work.
    used it twice they cut to order

www.larrysdiy.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Try Goslin's in Cabra, delivery charge has always been considerably less than the likes of Chadwicks and they're faster as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

TJ O'Mahony on old Ashbourne Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭SteM

Guest Hardware out in Old Bawn do too.

http://www.guesthardware.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭blue_steel

Ended up getting a good deal with Goslins. Thanks for all the replys.

Advertisement