Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert H.L English P.2 - Yeats?

• 21-04-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Anyone wanna give me their views on the possibilities of Yeats coming up for Poetry?

I'm aiming for an A, and if he doesn't come up, I'm screwed. Boohoo.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

I've got a friend goin' for the A too, and he seems to be in the know of what's probably coming up. He's banking on Yeats and Boland coming up. I'm doing Kavanagh Yeats and Boland :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CatImAKittyCat

Yeah, I'm thinkin' Boland, Longley and Keats'll come up, so I'm really hoping it'll be Yeats along with them! Agh!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

My teacher thinks Keats could well be on the paper, as the concrete romantic. Yeats ftw though! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Anyone wanna give me their views on the possibilities of Yeats coming up for Poetry?

No, you're not. There are nearly 2 months left until the Leaving Cert, go study Boland and Kavanagh at least.

Honestly, don't go in with one poet. I did that last year. Disaster. The only poet they took off the original paper was mine! And he was a "dead cert" for 2009, sadly not for the contingency paper. Ah Longley, you let me down big time..
    Anyway, not saying anything of the sort will happen with the English paper this year, but the question might not suit you on the day. They seemed to get a bit more specific last year. You've plenty of time to cram in a bit about a few more poets!

MavisDavis wrote: »
    No, you're not. There are nearly 2 months left until the Leaving Cert, go study Boland and Kavanagh at least.

Honestly, don't go in with one poet. I did that last year. Disaster. The only poet they took off the original paper was mine! And he was a "dead cert" for 2009, sadly not for the contingency paper. Ah Longley, you let me down big time..
    Anyway, not saying anything of the sort will happen with the English paper this year, but the question might not suit you on the day. They seemed to get a bit more specific last year. You've plenty of time to cram in a bit about a few more poets!
    ^ this. Seriously, don't do it. I've heard just as many predictions without Yeats as I have with him, in reality no one knows. It's not worth throwing away 50 marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's your Leaving Cert, not a horse race.

Backing just one horse is ... less than sensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ANDYBOND777

Yeats has really good chance but not as good as Longley I think.
    Longley came up last year but due to the wrong paper being handed out incident, replacement paper had to be given out which meant no Longley :P.
    so I say that they will give us lonegley this year.
    definetly Boland and Rich as I'm sure u know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

I'd strongly advise studying two more poets, if at all possible. It's really, really not a good idea to go in with only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CatImAKittyCat

And Yeats came up afterall. HA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

And Yeats came up afterall. HA

LOL. Ok so seeing as I just replied to a thread this old I might as well ask did you get your A in the end?? :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement