Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks the volcano is finished or ready to blow?

Options
  • 21-04-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Where do you think it is going, is the Icelandic volcano about to go quiet or do you think it is just getting ready to blow?

From my detailed knowledge of volcanos, gained from watching way too much of the Discovery channel over the years, I think this could just be the start. All these shows have been promising something big is going to happen, "its not if, its when!!!". This has a bit of a different feel to it, loads of ash, a tiny bit of lava. It is in a totally unstable area and it is connected to another volcano , 10 times bigger that usually erupts when this one does.
    If, for some reason it completely went bang, it could possibly create a tidal wave that would be headed straight for us up here in Donegal. A few surfers told me that if it is a bad day in Iceland the surf is good in Donegal, what would that mean for a major volcanic eruption. At least there are plenty of hills here.

Icelandic Volcano: 0 votes

Going to sleep!
    0% 0 votes
    Ready to blow!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The amoount of people going OTT about these volcano's is unreal, if Katla (the currently sleeping big sister of Eyjafjallajokull) erupts it will be on a larger scale yes, but the main word is if as we seen earlier we are basiclly screwed as we aint on the governments emergency chart thing-a-me-jig!

There is no point in worry about what if's! otherwise we would never get out of our beds in the morning there'd be no point because of the amount of what if's! an PS there are a load of other thread already on boards RE this, dont really think it need another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

PS there are a load of other thread already on boards RE this, dont really think it need another one.

Don't bother reading this one then!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im sorry but there are loads of other threads about this in more appropriate forums and also to note that this is not specific to Donegal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement