Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonus Marks for Over 300 Markers :)

Options
  • 21-04-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I saw there at the end of the Business 2009 Marking Scheme that people over 300 points get up to 29 extra marks (i think so, its written in irish, but what else can marcanna bonais mean:p)

Anybody know more about this?

Does it happen in other subjects, too?:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Those who do their exams in Irish get 10% they didn't get for doing it in Irish. They don't get a huge amount and to be honest it isn't that much considering about 90% are actually answering in their second language.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

unknown13 wrote: »
    Those who do their exams in Irish get 10% they didn't get for doing it in Irish. They don't get a huge amount and to be honest it isn't that much considering about 90% are actually answering in their second language.

So its only if you do it in Irish?:eek::mad:

There goes my Wednesday night:(

In fairness it would be hard to say 'Unique Selling Point' and 'Market Segmentation' in Irish, they deserve more..

I would never dream of doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Why did you think they were giving bonus marks?! :confused:

Just for reaching a certain mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Why did you think they were giving bonus marks?! :confused:

Just for reaching a certain mark?

Yes. Yes I did. Maybe there werent enough A's in Business. I wish it were true :(

Same reason they gave a QB on LC English, Same reason they give bonus points just for getting a certain grade in HL Maths in UL:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

stainluss wrote: »
    Yes. Yes I did. Maybe there werent enough A's in Business. I wish it were true :(

Same reason they gave a QB on LC English, Same reason they give bonus points just for getting a certain grade in HL Maths in UL:pac:

And the heading at the top of the page didn't give you a clue?...

"Marcanna Breise as ucht freagairt trí Ghaeilge"

I think you're right to stick with the Béarla.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ok, I'm going to close this before anyone else throws custard pies at stainluss ... though I'm sure he knows he kind of offered himself for target practice! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement