Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Guy Alert - Letterkenny

Options
  • 21-04-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

I just want to warn people in Letterkenny about a guy acting strangely around our estate. He has been cycling up and down the last few days, we live in a cul de sac, catching quite a bit of attention from parents. Today he was stood in our estate for ages eating a bag of crisps, looking all around him. After more than 20 minutes I said I was going to go out and ask him what he was doing around here so much lately. He first told me he was waiting for his girlfriend, when I asked where she lived he said he dident know the number. Then he told me he had friends living up here but they were not home yet, they were Germans!, then he told me he lived up here, which he dosent.
    He was a bit strange and although not aggressive he wasent acting all innocent and sorry either.
    There are a lot of kids around this estate and although this guy is probably completely innocent of what we are imagining, this is not socially acceptable behavior.
    I dont know if he will be back here but he may decide to cycle around somebody else's estate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Thanks for the heads-up, I shall keep an eye out where I live - although I wouldn't go linching any males I see on a bicycle.

Did you report this to the Garda? That wouldn't do any harm.
    Letterkenny Station: 074 - 9122222

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

A few cops actually pulled up while I was talking to him, I think they live here and were on their way to work. They said they would tell a car to call up. I rang the station to report it and they said they would send a car up but I had to go to work shortly after so I dont know if they called or not.
    They even said they had noticed him.
    I'm not giving a description as I dont want to lead to any linchings but if you see this guy around your estate you will know what I am talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

mrmac wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads-up, I shall keep an eye out where I live - although I wouldn't go linching any males I see on a bicycle.

yeah we have enough trouble with auld women in cars to worry about mobs too. That is a bit creepy though is he the full shilling?

Although how many people in here clicked in to see if the thread was about them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

danniemcq wrote: »
    .... clicked in to see if the thread was about them...

Only you! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Weird Guy Alert - Letterkenny

Just the one? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Today he was stood in our estate for ages eating a bag of crisps, looking all around him.

What, as opposed to staring like a madman into the bottom of the crisp packet for 20 mins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

I think i seen the guy you are talking about. Is it in the Meadowhill area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Yes, a few friends up here have noticed him aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Saw him about the other day as well. Was a bit strange. On another note did anyone have Trocaire calling to the door this evening looking to set up direct debits? Looked official, id's etc, but charities looking to get bank details at the door just sounds dodgy to me. I've contacted TRocarie to see if they were having a door to door campaign about Letterkenny today. No word back from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

muckish wrote: »
    Saw him about the other day as well. Was a bit strange. On another note did anyone have Trocaire calling to the door this evening looking to set up direct debits? Looked official, id's etc, but charities looking to get bank details at the door just sounds dodgy to me. I've contacted TRocarie to see if they were having a door to door campaign about Letterkenny today. No word back from them yet.

Let me know what you hear back from Trocaire as a mate of mine signed up for that :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

As long as he stays on the west side.

If he cycles over the Oldtown Bridge his life is in danger!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

As long as he stays on the west side.

If he cycles over the Oldtown Bridge his life is in danger!

True dat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Thats twice now that Rtot has posted and pretty much immediatly NowOnTheUTV has replied, also a good few strange posts from people with only a handfull of posts, on here, highly suspicious indeed :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Thats twice now that Rtot has posted and pretty much immediatly NowOnTheUTV has replied, also a good few strange posts from people with only a handfull of posts, on here, highly suspicious indeed :pac::pac::pac:

Yeah, noticed that too :D Twin Trolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

I'm farily new to this forum, hence only a few posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

gavmcfad wrote: »
    I'm farily new to this forum, hence only a few posts.

It wasnt directed at you gav, you said something that relatrs to the topic, there are others that were just trolling, or set out to annoy people, i dont really know what they were trying to acheive apart from getting banned, which they succeeded in doing, lol!

P.S sorry for going OT

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

I think I seen him the other day to, He was cycling around in circles and making me dizzing. I think he was eyeing my yacht!!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement