Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

induction kit ?

• 21-04-2010 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

induction kits can any tell me wat it does to car. or anything and can one be fittied to toyota starlet ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

If done properly it can increase your bhp, about 5 bhp, but if done wrong they're gonna suck all the hot air from the engine, make noise and no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭roryq69

Well induction kits force air into the engine allowing it to burn more petrol resulting in more power. But it will only be worth doing if you've a starlet turbo! I got a 1.4 corolla and was thinking of putting one on but i was told if i put a good cone filtrer on instead of the airbox it would give me a nice souund when i'd put the shoe down and cost alot less with the same results!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

5bhp? you'd do well!

Infact induction kits tend to work better on Big engined N/A cars rather than force inducted cars,as any cold air taken in has to go through a red hot turbo,hence the reason for an inter cooler!!

There is also no use in fitting an induction kit and leaving the cone filter in the engine bay sucking up hot air,you need to route it to the lower bumper where you run the risk of sucking up water if you drive into a deep puddle (depending on how low your car is)

Claims of BHP increases can be dubious at best you can hope for a better sound or worse sound (depending on car) and a much more lively throttle response across the rev range fro ma car that is breathing slightly better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

You are not likely to get anything if the car is not on carbs. Modern Efi cars and air filters are usually good enough.

youll probably want something like this.
    http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=191375

But youll have to "make it fit"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you're not gonna get gains unless you have a proper cold air intake and a high quality system that's designed for the particular car.
    If you want more noise, then go ahead, just don't get one thinking you'll increase performance.

Just get a good aftermarket panel filter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

Waste of time (IMO) save your money.

Also you will never know how much HP will be gained unless you dyno the car before and after installation. And I would imagine the gain (if any) wont be worth talking about.

Advertisement