Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any stores in Ireland selling NI Maschine?

Options
  • 21-04-2010 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,

Would just like to know if any stores in Dublin or elsewhere are selling Native Instruments Maschine, would possibly like the try it out first in store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

aquarius in celbridge sell them. you do realise that Maschine is essentially a plugin right?

can't really try out a plugin in a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

jtsuited wrote: »
    aquarius in celbridge sell them. you do realise that Maschine is essentially a plugin right?

can't really try out a plugin in a shop.

I think it's also a standalone unit which can be easily integrated with a DAW afaik

eamon234 wrote: »
    I think it's also a standalone unit which can be easily integrated with a DAW afaik

eh no not exactly. i have one.

it's a plugin that has a hardware controller. you can run that plugin as a standalone app but essentially it's just a plugin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I get your point about it not being available to test out in shop because its a plugin but as there is a hardware controller would they not have the software set up in a host with the hardware available to test out beside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

jtsuited wrote: »
    eh no not exactly. i have one.

it's a plugin that has a hardware controller. you can run that plugin as a standalone app but essentially it's just a plugin.

SO.. Can you Rewire it into a DAW?

I'm guessing that its had too much money thrown into it to even be considered entry into a DAW via VST or AU. NI W A nkkers.

Whats the verdict jt?

In the limited info you've put in your posts, you dont seem too overawed.. :(

• Advertisement

haha quite the opposite. it's the greatest thing i've ever bought. the library alone is worth the 500 quid. been beta testing v1.5 which has emulation modes of an sp1200 and mpc60.

Btw, it runs as a vst/au/standalone.

However I really don't like the way it's being marketed. It's a plugin with a VERY fancy controller that has 2 led screens. Basically they've made it cleverly so you can do most things from the actual controller.

I love it, but people seem to be under the impression that it's something like the machinedrum or one of the mpc's. It's not. The end result is that you can work like it's a hardware drum machine but that is not what it is.

It's very like FXpansion's guru actually. it's like guru with a dedicated controller.

One of the handiest things about it is, you don't actually need the hardware unit plugged in to use maschine.

Well thats supercool then if its just like a regular "groovebox" - nice it being AU / VST too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Must have an old look...

And more to the point, anywhere have these to demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

I am getting into guru at the minute i luv the sounds, at first i hated it but
    spent some 'quality' time with it and i think i might want to have sex with it.

dav nagle wrote: »
    I am getting into guru at the minute i luv the sounds, at first i hated it but
    spent some 'quality' time with it and i think i might want to have sex with it.

Hey Dav,

How's it goin?

Posted this the other day about Guru.. just incase you didn't see it Mate.

Noticed what you said there (not the intercourse part.. ) and thought you should definitely know about it! :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055905231

• Advertisement
Advertisement