Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bra fitting

• 21-04-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

hi i was wondering does anyone know of a place in limerick city to get fitted properly for a bra,preferrably with nice friendly staff instead of grouchy ones :p
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Brown Thomas so it and they are very nice. Debenhams do it and Shaws in the Crescent too...

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

closifer wrote: »
    Brown Thomas so it and they are very nice. Debenhams do it and Shaws in the Crescent too...

i dont have a lot of money so dont think il brown thomas it but il try debenhams!thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Vamp on Thomas St. is pretty good - they're very friendly, do a good range of sizes, and will order what you want in if they don't have it in stock and don't normally stock it, which Brown Thomas and Debenhams won't (Brown Thomas will call you when they get what you want into stock if it's out of stock when you're there, but they won't special order something for you - in my experience anyway). I really appreciated that the woman from Vamp (I'm disappointed that I can't remember her name at the moment!) ordered bras specially for me, with no obligation to buy - I've been measured and then told they couldn't help me in Brown Thomas in Dublin before (they seem nicer in lingerie in Limerick than Dublin). If you're going in for a fitting there's no obligation to buy, and you should get yourself fitted properly. While they would like you to buy their bras, if what they have doesn't suit then so be it.

Brown Thomas has bras across a number of price ranges - you'll probably pay the same in Brown Thomas as you would in Debenhams or Vamp, and a good bra is worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Vamp on Thomas St. is pretty good - they're very friendly, do a good range of sizes, and will order what you want in if they don't have it in stock and don't normally stock it, which Brown Thomas and Debenhams won't (Brown Thomas will call you when they get what you want into stock if it's out of stock when you're there, but they won't special order something for you - in my experience anyway). I really appreciated that the woman from Vamp (I'm disappointed that I can't remember her name at the moment!) ordered bras specially for me, with no obligation to buy - I've been measured and then told they couldn't help me in Brown Thomas in Dublin before (they seem nicer in lingerie in Limerick than Dublin). If you're going in for a fitting there's no obligation to buy, and you should get yourself fitted properly. While they would like you to buy their bras, if what they have doesn't suit then so be it.

Brown Thomas has bras across a number of price ranges - you'll probably pay the same in Brown Thomas as you would in Debenhams or Vamp, and a good bra is worth the money.

oh that sounds like the place for me :) thank you so much fo your help.much appreciated :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Moved from TLL. Hopefully you'll get better response here.

Maple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

maple wrote: »
    Moved from TLL. Hopefully you'll get better response here.

Maple.

Ok People of the Limerick City Forum - Here is a huge opportunity to be sensible, mature and not let ourselves down - again :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Blush_01 wrote: »
    a good bra is worth the money.

Oh so very very true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Raiser wrote: »
    Ok People of the Limerick City Forum - Here is a huge opportunity to be sensible, mature and not let ourselves down - again :o

No fair Raiser :(

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    No fair Raiser :(

She clearly needs support

- Not smart comments.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

/switching off computer before getting banned

• Advertisement

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    /switching off computer before getting banned

user_online.gif Better turn off your little green LED on the bottom left if you're going to pretend to be offline KissMaKaks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

too.....many.....jokes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Lads you need to offer a helping hand or Billy will have a conniption. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

There's very experienced staff in BT's from personal experience. But my tip is get measured in there, try on a few options and order them online from either figleaves or bravissimo. Half the price of here for quality bras and they also have special offers running.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gracem

get measure in Brown Thomas and buy off Bravissimo- they have top brands, great selection and the prices are really good. They specialize in larger sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

gracem wrote: »
    get measure in Brown Thomas and buy off Bravissimo- they have top brands, great selection and the prices are really good. They specialize in larger sizes.

Jeez Mods, lock this thread. It's toooooooo tempting!!!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tierney2

Agree with recommendation for Vamp - very nice and don't try and make you buy the stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

Brown Thomas is actually quite good they have all the best ranges, various prices and staff are friendly plus the dressing rooms are so comfy :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The mention of B.T.'s in this context....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Apparently there's a new place in the Crescent too, called Change or Chance or something. My sister is a 36 or 38 G or H and got two lovely bras there - and they were fairly reasonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I guess it's better than starting a new one! Does anyone know if Vamp is still open in Thomas Street?

Thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No childish responses, please.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

LostGirly wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I guess it's better than starting a new one! Does anyone know if Vamp is still open in Thomas Street?

Thanks

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Yep

Thanks a mill!

Advertisement