Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which would you go for?

Options
  • 21-04-2010 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Nokia E71 120euro V Nokia E72 200euro

Is the 72 worth the extra 80 quid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its faster, has more internal memory, and a better camera. Its up to you if its worth it really, are the differences €80 better. The E71 is still probably in the top 5 of nokia's liked phones so not a bad buy either way.

You were over in bargains alerts i take it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

Cheers davy,
    I've been on ebay lately trying too get some value with eithier phone and then open up boards and what is the first thread on top of the homepage- E72 for 199:D

i'm really just wanting someone to tell me too fork out the extra 80 quid.
    yesterday i would of paid that for the E71 only luckily i'm not in any rush. well i wasn't, just dont want a big increase like the jet now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ok I have never tried an e72, however I do have an e71 and I'd say save the €80 and put it towards either credit or your next phone. Yes the e72 is better but is it that much better when you compare it the newer phones on the market? Probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

Ordered E72 last night for 199
    its now 259:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

E72 is best phone, buy it right now. Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Im guessing by his last post Fred, jm99 is already enjoying the handset :)
    jm99 wrote: »
    Ordered E72 last night for 199
    its now 259:D:D:D:D:D:D

It is a nice handset indeed. Very similar to the e71, but the wide style wouldn't suit some people. Why do you love it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I've had the E71 for 10 months now and had no problems, apart from my red power button falling out after letting it drop. I now turn my phone on/off with a pin needle located in the foam lining on the back cover. McGuyver-esque :D

Although I was tempted to upgrade to the E72, I didn't feel like I had to. I already have everything I need in the e71 - wifi, gps, mp3 player, email sync.

So unless you require a good camera or better internal memory, get the e72. If not, get the e71.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

The width dont bother me as its slim already so feels good in palm of my hand. Txting is becoming a lot easier after a while tricky at first. Web browsing is fast, camera ok. Sat nav is brill. Classic phone.

Advertisement