Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cover for Desire

• 21-04-2010 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good cover/protector for the Desire and the best and/or quickest way to get them?

Just got a Desire today and haven't got a chance to use it yet. Does anybody carry one in their pocket without a cover? If so how is it doing scratch/wear wise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

JimiMac wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good cover/protector for the Desire and the best and/or quickest way to get them?

Just got a Desire today and haven't got a chance to use it yet. Does anybody carry one in their pocket without a cover? If so how is it doing scratch/wear wise?
    Personally I haven't found any covers that suit the Desire (Plenty for the Nexus one though which fit but cover up most of the buttons).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

what you want is a Zagg invisible shield. I've used them on my last 3 phones and theyve always done a perfect job keeping it 100% scratch free. You can also customise them now and put any image/design you want on it.

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

what you want is a Zagg invisible shield. I've used them on my last 3 phones and theyve always done a perfect job keeping it 100% scratch free. You can also customise them now and put any image/design you want on it.

Linky

Do you not find them really difficult to put on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Nah, it's all about technique - only unroll half of it (the most complex end), rest wrists and side of hands on the table either side of the phone, and then you just aim your fingers to get it on perfectly. Then I hold that bit down with one finger so it doesn't slip, and smooth the rest down the phone, unrolling as I go. Perfect everytime!

They're the bomb if you can in any way control your hands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd been looking and didn't find any suitable but then I came across these on Ebay just recently, perhaps they are new:

$2.99 Delivered:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270568722242&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

$8.89 Delivered:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280497526681&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I got them both as I need good protection for mine and will be keeping the better one, they may be both the same, who knows, but for Less than €10 for 2, you can't really go wrong!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Linky

I agree - fantastic covers and a lifetime guarantee should the cover itself get damaged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

Does anyone actually have one, It seems that in the xda developers that people aren't really that happy with the zagg covers.

They report that they lose sensitivity of the screen, it smears more and make the phone look and feel uglier

I was going to get one but now i'm not so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

The staff in a few of the phone shops I visited just started laughin when I asked about Desire cases :o
    Loads of people must be asking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Beno wrote: »
    Does anyone actually have one, It seems that in the xda developers that people aren't really that happy with the zagg covers.

They report that they lose sensitivity of the screen, it smears more and make the phone look and feel uglier

I was going to get one but now i'm not so sure.
    It makes the phone shiny and cheap looking. The screen cover adds a lot of friction making it very tacky and easy to smear and for $24.99 it doesn't even protect the phone from drops.

You can do far better for $24.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hopefully the ones I ordered will be here soon. They look decent enough. I'm more interested in protection against drops and the anti slip that the silicone will give than smudging the screen. One of them also comes with a screen guard too actually. Worth the punt anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

This might justify cost of the Zagg covers-

I went on, bought the Zagg HTC desire full body protectionhttp://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php worth $30 (inc P&P) for $16-all told and converted-high quality full body HTC Desire protected for 12 euro! Not bad!!!

(BTW-any of ye win an Ipad i wanna cut...or some major kudos!!! biggrin.gif

vouchers are varying from 10-50%-if you're not happy with ur voucher, u could try again the next week if you're really in the mood for fishing! or try from a different IP!
    I put mine on last night and i will say-it took a good hour but it doesnt look too obtrusive on the phone!!
    I have a 40% and 50% voucher for the first two to PM me BTW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Just got this this morning.

Good fit, feels good in the hand. Some rough edges and doesn't work with the HTC screen protectors though - ruined one after I fitted it. Will do for time being though.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/toughguard-shell-for-htc-desire-black-p24510.htm

mobilefun-image.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

hmm I got the zaag invisible shield but haven't put it on yet, don't think i'll bother now after reading above :s

got the htc leather puch with pully on it though and its pretty sweet. won't be using it when in the pocket as adds too much bulk but when in my bag it'll protect it well enough! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I ordered the Zagg before reading this thread. I wouldn't have if I'd read this first.

But I got it yesterday and it's fine. The easiest bit to apply for me was the screen as that's just a rectangle. The back was a bit fiddly with holes to line up. It doesn't feel tacky to me to use.

If you buy from Zagg sign up for the iPad mailing list to get a discount code. I got a 50% discount code (worked out at €12.67). I don't think it's worth twice that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Posted in the Desire review thread and know I probably shouldn't be posting again but thought one of you might be able to help.

Just picked up a brand new Desire today and have it charging. I was just wondering what peoples experiences are with wear and tear on the Desire in the initial few days. I've ordered a Zagg full body protector and want to ensure it is in immaculate condition before the protector goes on.

Would I be better off leaving out of my pocket etc. until then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭deadbloke

Posted in the Desire review thread and know I probably shouldn't be posting again but thought one of you might be able to help.

Just picked up a brand new Desire today and have it charging. I was just wondering what peoples experiences are with wear and tear on the Desire in the initial few days. I've ordered a Zagg full body protector and want to ensure it is in immaculate condition before the protector goes on.

Would I be better off leaving out of my pocket etc. until then?

Probably better not introducing it to the keys and coins in your pocket ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

Hi, just back from the Chinese shops inparnnell st and I actually. Got a flexing skin for the desire in the for a tenner. Just info.

Advertisement