Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

As New, Heym SR-21 .223 Remington and Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 LM Scope

• 21-04-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

How ye Folks,

Bought this set-up brand new with great intentions for use, but due to lack of time I've decided to shift it on. At present the gun has only fired 20 rounds to break in the barrel and zero.

The gun truly is a work of art and I could put up a valid argument for holding onto it just to look at.

Both Gun and Scope are German made to the highest of standards.

Sorry for the crappy pictures:

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02403.jpg

DSC02409.jpg

DSC02411.jpg

Ideally I'd like a swop with a Rifle of lower value and money my way, .22 or something so I can hold onto the Licence.

Or I would sell the lot as is for €3050.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bb1

Down to €2999!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

hi bb1
    would you be interested in seling the scope seperatly
    might be interested

ian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭pachey100

I have a .22 cz if your interested. What do you mean hang onto your licence?

ianoo wrote: »
    hi bb1
    would you be interested in seling the scope seperatly
    might be interested

ian

Sorry Ian, want to keep the two together.
    B
    pachey100 wrote: »
    I have a .22 cz if your interested. What do you mean hang onto your licence?

I would be interested. PM me the details of your Gun/Scope and what money you'd offer with them.

Regarding the Licence, I'm not to sure how it works when you sell a Rifle, and then want to buy another in the future if you've to go through the same hassle to get the Licence again, I'd prefer hold onto it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

You can only sell the gun through a registered gun dealer, the Gardai will not allow any private sale of firearms. I was quoted an "up front storage fee" of 240 euro from a dealer to take the rifle in while the prospective buyer waited for the licence to come through, this is taking around 3-4 months at the moment. I got so pi**ed off with this that I am considering handing the rifle to the Gardai to be scrapped, its just not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement

You can only sell the gun through a registered gun dealer, the Gardai will not allow any private sale of firearms. I was quoted an "up front storage fee" of 240 euro from a dealer to take the rifle in while the prospective buyer waited for the licence to come through, this is taking around 3-4 months at the moment. I got so pi**ed off with this that I am considering handing the rifle to the Gardai to be scrapped, its just not worth the hassle.

This is news to me. I have ofter heard of Guns changing hands privately in the past.
    I have the Gun on guntrader.ie and had a person interested in the Gun. I arranged to meet this person halfway as he was travelling a fair distance. I was a bit sceptical about meeting a total stranger in a public place with the Rifle, so I went to the local Garda Station for advice. They didn't really have any answers, so I asked would it be OK to meet this person at a Garda Station at this midpoint, and they said that would be grand. In the end the meeting didn't materialise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

this is nonsense, i bought a fire arm through private sale, once your licence is valid you can keep it till the other person gets the licence through, all you have to do is notify your f/o and write a letter for the new owner to state that you are selling it to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

dicky82 wrote: »
    this is nonsense, i bought a fire arm through private sale, once your licence is valid you can keep it till the other person gets the licence through, all you have to do is notify your f/o and write a letter for the new owner to state that you are selling it to them.

Nonsense??? Go and ask the garda responsible for firearms in your local station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

you would only have to hand it in while selling privately,if you the sellers license had ran out,other than that you can sell private just have wait for buyers license to be approved before they take rifle,lots lads on here have done,sure they will tell you whats what!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

Nonsense??? Go and ask the garda responsible for firearms in your local station.

dicky is correct, i suggest you call back to your local fo and ask again, it can be done with very little hassle, do a search here it has come up before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

it was the f/o in my local station that told me this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭kieran1141

just sold my beretta 687 to a guy i know,went to local sargent i asked would i put it into gun dealers he told me to keep it in my safe, he made a note of it.

Advertisement