Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French/Spanish Senior Cycle Textbooks.

• 21-04-2010 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey,

Can you guys tell me the names of your French/Spanish textbooks please?

Also best of luck in the orals, etc, really push for it now and the best thing to do is focus on past exam questions at this stage.

I used this forum a lot when I did my LC a few years ago too; don't give up!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 niamh2709

French Nouveaux Montage and we use Shortcuts To Success French Verbs aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Back when I sat the Leaving (2 years ago - I feel old...) for Spanish we used School Spanish Course by John C. Pride. Originally written in the 70's, so a bit antiquated, but covers grammar/vocab well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/School-Spanish-Course-John-Pride/dp/0003222144

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭FerrisBueller

Much appreciated! If anyone else knows of any please let me know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

For French: Voulez-vous by Peter McDonagh (Folens), it's a good book but not the best imo.

For Spanish: the same one as the previous poster- School Spanish Course (The grammar and vocabulary is very good in this- It's a gem of mine for even university level Spanish)

Another one I used was Meta by Eva Montero. It's published by Authentik, just beside Trinity College. You can get it in any good language book shop. A lot of the articles contain a fair bit of Spanish slang, so beware.

Vamos A escuchar 2 (Folens)- Spanish listening comprehension. It's challenging enough, but it will prepare you for the tape exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cli2931

Last year for Spanish we used Meta but I never found it great. We got a new teacher this year though who is absolutely brilliant and way better thatn the old one and she uses La Pluma. It's published by Folens and I think it's absolutely brilliant. It gives loads of good reading comprehensions and brilliant grammer that's really useful, especially for the essay. I find that the layout and structure are also a lot better and make more sense than Meta.

Like the previous poster we also use Vamos A Escuchar 2 for listening and it's really good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

Spanish!! La Pluma and Vamos A Escuchar 2 :) Also Rapid Revision :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cli2931

Spanish!! La Pluma and Vamos A Escuchar 2 :) Also Rapid Revision :)

Oh ya i forgot that one!! Rapid Revision is also really good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Using Mosaique for French this year, had Nouveaux Montages last year. Personally, I preferred NM, but Mosaique is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

we use "Tout va bien"
    it's quite good. there's lots of everyday, commonly used french language and everything is laid out quite clearly, it's good for mixed ability classes and there's interesting comprehensions in it also

http://www.folens.ie/catalog/book_detail.php?bookid=561&level=2&catid=187&parentid=&gs=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

We use ''Formule 1'' for french! i think its really good

for our oral we used ''le francais oral''

and for grammar we use ''grammaire applique''

hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement