Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need HUGE pts increase since mocks...Possible?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

So in my mocks, I got 230 pts...and tbh, I didn't do anything at all in 5th year but did good bitta work during 6th year...
    only got 230...disappointed of course since I need 450?...
    so I'm just thinking, from now till the exams, if my life becomes based on just studying as in non-stop studying except for little breaks, is it possible to get 450?
    Maybe you've been in same situation like me before...did bad in your mocks but did great in lc?

So would love to hear from peope who didn't do well at all in mocks but the pts dramatically increased in lc.
    I would appreciate it... :) thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

You're literally in the exact same situation as me. 230 in the mocks, need 455 at least.
    It's worth a shot, it's what I'm gonna try to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ANDYBOND777

I shouldn't say this but I'm kinda glad to know that I'm not the only one in this situation :P
    but here's lil hope for both of us, me bro's mate got 60pts in his mocks and got 350 in his lc.
    that's a good news to hear :P

just realized...I have me german mocks to do today since I posted this after 12'o clock.......
    I'm not going the right way of achieving that 450 goal am I :(?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

It's definitely possible, most of my friends went up from the mocks to the real exam, can only think of one who didn't, also one went up by nearly three hundred points and a good few had significant increases. Only thing that worries me about your post, is that you say you worked for your mocks. A lot of the people I'm talking about wouldn't have done much work for the mocks, that said they wouldn't have done anything majorly intense for the real deal either. You can you try breaking your points target into which subjects you aim to get how many points from and have a look at your study goals that way. The biggest thing I can say to you is IF you don't get the points, it is nowhere as near as big of a deal as you think it is. Have a look at some ordinary degrees which need less points but are in the same area/subject. If you do one of these, you should find it easy enough to apply yourself and do well and you can then move on to a honours degree without much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

My cousin got 420 last year in his mocks. In the real thing he got 600, six A1s and a B3. Its possible alright, they mark those papers like hell. But just in case put a course with around 300 points on your CAO! -Good Luck! Im praying for my points for Arts - English and Geography :)

• Advertisement

thanks for all the support :)
    did me german oral today...and i panicked and my head just went blank :(
    not a great start to achieving my aim...
    will try my hardest and good luck to all of us, the 2010 lc students :D

Advertisement