Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Community Is Split! Which Is Better!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I agree with sisko completely, it wrecks my head when people (and we have them in the community here) say how much it SUCKS SO BAD, yet they play it on a regular basis.

I see you guys still don't get it yet :pac:
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    it's about as solid as a fighting game can get

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'm on Ramzas wavelength here, those are my thoughts on SF4 pretty much down to the letter. It's a third place in my biggest disappointments of all time, behind Brawl and SC4.

It did grow on me a bit and I'll admit that on paper it's technically much more fair than most previous SFs, but it just doesn't do it for me and I only really bother with it because nobody plays much of anything else.

Supers coming out at a good time for me to give it another chance though, besides it's not like everyone else is going to suddenly drop it and start playing games I like better.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

SC4? Really? Tbh they couldn't possibly have done worse than SC3..

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ramza wrote: »
    I see you guys still don't get it yet :pac:
    :confused::confused::rolleyes:

:confused::confused::confused:
    What I mean by that, is that it is a robust and well designed game, which is as deep and playable as the player wants it to be.

Ok, obviously each their own or whatever but come on, SFIV is a letdown, and you know it is

And LOL at the people who talk about following trends/hating the game and still playing it, you think if all the people who don't like SFIV that much, but still play, stopped playing that there would be a large playerbase left? (there'd be a lot but a lot less)

Hate is a strong word so I'll just finish by saying I don't think it's great (but **** off if you think it doesn't give me rights to play it), and a lot of people feel the same way. And incase you haven't noticed the scene is pretty small and finely divided so admit it, if you guys were in my shoes you would still play too :pac:

The end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

And incase you haven't noticed the scene is pretty small and finely divided so admit it, if you guys were in my shoes you would still play too :pac:

Completely fair. If all anyone played was SC4 I'd probably be playing that a lot more than I do right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Ok, obviously each their own or whatever but come on, SFIV is a letdown, and you know it is

And LOL at the people who talk about following trends/hating the game and still playing it, you think if all the people who don't like SFIV that much, but still play, stopped playing that there would be a large playerbase left? (there'd be a lot but a lot less)

Hate is a strong word so I'll just finish by saying I don't think it's great (but **** off if you think it doesn't give me rights to play it), and a lot of people feel the same way. And incase you haven't noticed the scene is pretty small and finely divided so admit it, if you guys were in my shoes you would still play too :pac:

The end

Again, just to be clear, what I was talking about was people using words like 'terrible' 'worst sf game ever' 'utterly ****e' and still playing it. I'm just saying they use those words to fit in with the SF4 hate. Their actual opinions would be , what you've already said.

I'm talking about the difference in terms of TASTE and an actually terrible game.

SFIV is understandably not to everyone's taste, but if someone truly thought it was a horrible horrible game, they would not play it.

Sisko wrote: »
    SFIV is understandably not to everyone's taste, but if someone truly thought it was a horrible horrible game, they would not play it.

I for one don't think it's a horrible, horrible game, I still play (I know your post isn't directed at me) :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Let's move this over to the new thread guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm really terrible and CvS2, but it was my first exposure to Rugal, and he's the fokking man.

SFIV didn't give us a character half that cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

You guys are being too favourite to SF4, i meant the better game not as in popularity & what brought the scene together.

I meant what is better as in.

GAMEPLAY
    FUN
    BETTER

I see it's all just a popularity contest with people choosing a game that everyone plays, not a game that is actually BETTER than the other.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

For the record, I don't like SF4 because it's more popular, I like it because imo, it's a better and more accessible fighter. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 StMichael

I found SF4 disappointing.

Hadouchopter.

Need I say more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Ramza I don't know how many people I have seen/ read slagging 4 calling it crap, while playing it. I must admit it kinda annoys me too :D

How about all the people who called it perfect yet have a list of the things they want/improved in super, that's as long as their dhalsim's arms.

The truth is most people are binary when it comes to reviews. Either you love it or you don't.

Street Fighter IV is one of the most important fighting games of all time, but it's not one of the best.

Hands up who thinks World Warrior, Alpha1. New Generation or CVS1 are the pinnacles of the genre.

For the record, I don't think SFIV is a bad game but I do think it's a flawed one.

Advertisement