Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ESRI are hiring RAs

• 22-04-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

ESRI Job Opportunities page.

I'm sure some of you would like a job :). Salary is about 32k I think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

If only they were in Cork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I hear they make you eat babies. Even by applying you're supporting baby-eaters. Ergo, none of y'all should apply. >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Anonymous1987

I hear they make you eat babies. Even by applying you're supporting baby-eaters. Ergo, none of y'all should apply. >_>
    It's true, the victims in question were last sighted on the reception desk before their disappearance, the investigation is ongoing. jelly+babies.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

There will be about 10bn people applying for this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No reason not to apply.

• Advertisement

I know :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Please God let them be hiring this time next year, giving up the big4 accounting for the economics masters in UCD this September...

Please God let them be hiring this time next year, giving up the big4 accounting for the economics masters in UCD this September...

If you are just finishing you undergrad you should contact them about interning this summer. It would increase your chances immeasurably next year.

Failing that, Geary are doing internships where you'll get similar work experience.

Time Magazine posted about it earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Do the ESRI take interns?

• Advertisement

Do the ESRI take interns?

I know at least one person who did one in summer 2006 after his undergrad.

I am sure there was applications up on the job opp page for similar months ago as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Failing that, Geary are doing internships where you'll get similar work experience.

Time Magazine posted about it earlier.

Tailoring the CV to that one as we speak ;)

The range of areas is interesting, behavioural economics is something I've had my mind on for a while
    noodler wrote: »
    I know at least one person who did one in summer 2006 after his undergrad.

I am sure there was applications up on the job opp page for similar months ago as well.

No harm throwing in a CV anyway, though they're prob very busy dealing with the RA applications!

No harm throwing in a CV anyway, though they're prob very busy dealing with the RA applications!

True, although there was an actual ad for the interns before so it wasn't done on a speculative basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

I remember the ESRI took on a couple of placement students during my masters so its worth giving them a shout about an internship, wouldn't hold my breath though.

I wish to second this statement, there will be at least 10 billion people applying for this. To quote Homer Simpson "No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you".

Lesson? Can't win, don't try.

Advertisement