Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to register a new address?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

It kind of says it all in the title really. I signed contracts on a house this week :D. Previously this house was a field. I have yet to formalise a snazzy name-assuming I call the house Snazzy house, co meath, Ireland.

How do I set it up so that the post office know this? (I'm assuming that if I just phone the local post office, it will be written on a piece of paper and thrown away.....) Is there an official process?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

axel rose wrote: »
    It kind of says it all in the title really. I signed contracts on a house this week :D. Previously this house was a field. I have yet to formalise a snazzy name-assuming I call the house Snazzy house, co meath, Ireland.

How do I set it up so that the post office know this? (I'm assuming that if I just phone the local post office, it will be written on a piece of paper and thrown away.....) Is there an official process?

I had to do this last week in a rural location > new build ill be moving to

basically you go to your local post-office in closest village, preferably armed with map, and point out your house on the map to them

now they might send you packing to a post-office in another town/village due to the way they split delivery areas

if that happens just go to the post offce they direct you to, rinse and repeat

i also managed to catch the post office delivery car outside the neighbouring house, and gave them my details to the post woman :) she just wrote it down in her delivery notepad and told me she'll notify other postmen

thats pretty much it

oh and get to know your neighbours surnames and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Brilliant. Thanks :)
    And good luck with the new house!!

Advertisement