Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on pubs/clubs at weekends.

Options
  • 22-04-2010 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

hiya, i'm a first year student here and have a few friends coming down a week friday for the weekend. i don't hang around galway at the weekends because i head home for work..
    where would be the best pubs (not too expensive- cheap deals etc) & clubs to go to friday/saturday night.. i don't know would cuba etc be as busy at weekends as it is during the weekdays.

thanks folks, open to pretty much anything..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Most of the clubs that are popular during the week with the students attract their fair amount of scumbags the weekend, well gpo and coyotes anyway.

In terms of a club best stick to cps,halo or the roisin, none of them are cheap though.

As for pubs, could try mcswiggans if you drink guinness with 3 euro a pint...besides that can't think of any of the top of my head that do deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try Hole in the wall, is supposedly cheap and popular with the student body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Why not if it is a nice day have a few cans down at the Spanish Arch and then head from there. Will save a few shillings for which will be robbed off ya later with crazy drink prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

SallyLongs in Abbeygate St used to do Fosters for 3€ I think, and sometimes they have vouchers for 1€ in some kind of free city event guide (might have that at library?)They also have bands/DJs sometimes. I haven't been there in the evenings for years tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Sallys vouchers are still available but only valid Mon to Thurs... They don't do Fosters at 3euro but have a house brew for quite cheap, it fills the gap...:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

biko wrote: »
    Try Hole in the wall, is supposedly cheap and popular with the student body.

I'm a student but would not set foot inside the place during the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Beetle Juice

Cuba and CP's best bet I'd say. There's no deals at the weekend like there is during the week. And if there's a place with cheap deals then it'l be full of scumbags so best to avoid. Have a few drinks in the house before hand then head out if you need to save on the cash.

Advertisement