Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T42 Display Adapter Windows 7

Options
  • 22-04-2010 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I recently upgraded from xp to windows 7 on my T42 IBM Thinkpad. Everything has gone swimmingly apart from from being unable to find a ati radeon 7500 driver which is compatable with windows 7. I'm currently using the "standard vga graphics adapter", i've tried using windows updates and installing various vista drivers with no luck and the leveno/IBM website hasn't been exactly helpful. Will i have to get a new graphics card and if so what is the cost (approx) and procedure in fitting one?:confused::confused::confused: Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

AFAIK there's a known issue that the Radeon 7500 is no longer supported by.... well, pretty much anyone nowadays :o

You might find some hacked Vista drivers for it here. If you have Win7 32bit and run these drivers in Vista Compatibility Mode you might be okay. As they're unsigned Win7 64bit will have conniptions though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Scotsman1

Thanks for the reply and link but i had no luck with that. Methinks it is time for a new graphics card.:( If anyone can save me from spending an obscene amount of money it would be much appreciated.:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Buy a new laptop. That's about all you can do. If you want to avoid spending obscene amounts of money, go back down to XP for good and hunt down your old driver. Until you get a new laptop with a current GPU it's no Windows 7 for you! :eek:

Advertisement