Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom mobile? any good?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

i am considering switching to eircom mobile and getting the HTC Desire
    they have it for €129

thinking of getting it on the plan below, which seems good value
    ( i assume its ex vat pricing too )

any eircom mobile users here?

i know eircom mobile runs on the meteor network, but does it show up on the phone as eircom or meteor?

small business 500 data

• Monthly commitment€45.26
    • Inclusive minutes500
    • Inclusive texts500
    • Out of bundle texts8c
    • Inclusive Data1 GB
    • Calls to Meteor21C
    • Other ROI landlines21C
    • Other ROI mobiles21C
    • eircom mobiles21C
    • Mobile voicemail 171FREE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's the same company, exact same coverage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I believe it will say emobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

well if there sales / customer service skills are anything to go by, total crap.

rang 3 times today, once this morning, and was promised an email today with contract forms, prices, phone info etc, nothing arrived no email.

rang them to see what was the delay in sending the email to be told that
    you will have the email early afternoon..

4pm no email arrived, rang again, was told you will definately have the email by close of business today (5pm)

6 pm, and no sign of an email with the info.

pretty crap really, who would want to sign up, if they cant even get you the contract info in a timely manner.

thats eircom mobile scratched of my list now..

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

why dont you just look at the mobile section of eircom.net ? theres phones, price plans etc there, your basically asking a customer service agent to do this for you when there probably overrun taking calls as it is! Its things like this that made me move out of working in call centres, Admin im sorry for this comment, but why not use some initiative and look for yourself instead of complaining that nobody is doing this for you ?

why dont you just look at the mobile section of eircom.net ? theres phones, price plans etc there, your basically asking a customer service agent to do this for you when there probably overrun taking calls as it is! Its things like this that made me move out of working in call centres, Admin im sorry for this comment, but why not use some initiative and look for yourself instead of complaining that nobody is doing this for you ?

:(:(

firstly i was talking to a sales agent! i was waiting for them to send me the contract paperwork to fill out and return, ( ie they had got a sale) but they didnt bother their behind in doing so, or following up on the sale lead!

you cannot download the contract paperwork from their site, or order anything from them online.. you have to phone in!..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

ah i see...Fair Enough so! well thats just extremely poor given the current market new customers/interests should be given a cuddle!

ah i see...Fair Enough so! well thats just extremely poor given the current market new customers/interests should be given a cuddle!

very poor indeed.. i wonder do they have any mobile customers at all?
    you never hear it mention in reports...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gazza1979

They are opening e mobile stores nationwide as far as i know to improve customer service and awareness of the products and services they provide...Will be doing mobile phones too, so that should help.
    My emobile works very well,by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

lol its bill pay only so far...and they dont have neither free texts or calls...

no free calls or texts you can scratch me out of the list ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

gazza1979 wrote: »
    They are opening e mobile stores nationwide as far as i know to improve customer service and awareness of the products and services they provide...Will be doing mobile phones too, so that should help.
    My emobile works very well,by the way.

Where did you hear that they are opening eircom stores?

• Advertisement
Advertisement