Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Network Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jcastle

Does anyone know when the Network Direct changes for the 45a will come into effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

Jcastle wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the Network Direct changes for the 45a will come into effect?

Have they announced any?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

Jcastle wrote: »

The 45a and 59 has been put back till later in 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

lxflyer wrote: »
    Interesting - and people said here they wouldn't use the LUAS as it would be too slow!
    No, nobody said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

stop wrote: »
    3 trips each way a day? Not much to sing about.

DB once again showing their lack of ability to proof read - 122 stages 29-33 are out of order, and not consistent with the Keeper Rd, Herberton Rd, SCR routing.

Also, as always the map showing where the bus stops is not working, which is a bit ridiculous. If you're changing the route, it's probably a good idea to let the passengers know where the new route will be stopping.

The only mistake on the Stage list is in mixing up Brookfield Road with Suir Road, hardly the crime of the century.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

The only mistake on the Stage list is in mixing up Brookfield Road with Suir Road, hardly the crime of the century.

It seems they just copied those two stage points from the 123 timetable and pasted them onto the 122.

I must say though, with the Suir Road and Bulfin Road estate now getting the 122 and 123 and the 78A servind Emmet Road, it really makes the call to reroute reroute 68 silly given that it is picking up just two stops. A short 122 or 123 would have been more sensible if it were essential but try telling that to the lefty protestors who care less for the greater picture outside of their grans house.

I must say though, with the Suir Road and Bulfin Road estate now getting the 122 and 123 and the 78A servind Emmet Road, it really makes the call to reroute reroute 68 silly given that it is picking up just two stops. A short 122 or 123 would have been more sensible if it were essential but try telling that to the lefty protestors who care less for the greater picture outside of their grans house.

Suir Road/Bulfin is not getting the 122, it's an error on the stages. The 122 will serve Rialto, then Herberton Road and Keeper road to old route.

KD345 wrote: »
    Suir Road/Bulfin is not getting the 122, it's an error on the stages. The 122 will serve Rialto, then Herberton Road and Keeper road to old route.

Apologies, I misread :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

CIE wrote: »
    Interesting - and people said here they wouldn't use the LUAS as it would be too slow!
    No, nobody said that.

I think you'll find that somewhere on boards.ie they did! Not necessarily in this thread!

Several posters complained the LUAS would be slower than the bus between the city and Citywest but it would appear that passengers are voting with their feet if the other post above is indeed true about a large drop in bus loadings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Several posters complained the LUAS would be slower than the bus between the city and Citywest but it would appear that passengers are voting with their feet if the other post above is indeed true about a large drop in bus loadings.

This is one of the reasons why I believe the interest of entities such as RATPdev in Dublin Bus should be heartily,if cautiously welcomed.

I find it of immense interest that RATPdev submitted a declaration of interest in the entirety of the CIE groups operations.

That alone illustrates an approach to the Public Transport arena which is quite significantly different to other players in the market.

As a regular LUAS Red Line user,I remain thoroughly depressed by the unwillingness of the various statutory bodies and service providers to grasp at the European ideal of "Integration",instead plumping for the far cheaper ideal of publishing maps with generalizations of a type of integration.

It's mind numbing to see how the major Red Cow interchange remains in a void when talking of Main Stream Bus integration....apart from Dublin Coach and a solitary Factory shuttle service there's nowt.

I have little doubt but that if RATPdev's or more generally,the French attitude,had been applied to the latest Red line extension we would be now discussing how Saggart,Blessington, Baltinglass,Dunlavin were to be linked with regular integrated services.

Instead we're still focusing mainly on the independent operations of the entities and worse still,private car based Park N Ride facilities whilst busily formulating reasons why the Bus cannot become any further integrated.....

The Saggart start-up is still in the sexy new-product stage with new faces appearing every day.
    The eventual useage will stabilize as the reality of the rigidity of stand alone rail-based systems becomes apparent.

What will most certainly increase will be the car based peak-time traffic in and around the new P&R sites,which to date I have neard no realistic discussion of.

Sadly,from a Bus perspective the story remains one of service reduction and further retreating from the expansion ethos which I believe we need to adopt now.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Drimnagh Road

I think Network Direct is fast becoming Notwork Destruct,

slower, longer routing on many routes instead of getting places faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Has there been any word on when the 78a/40 route will be implemented? It seems to have all just come to a standstill.

I think Network Direct is fast becoming Notwork Destruct,

slower, longer routing on many routes instead of getting places faster.

How have the recent Merrion Road changes, those to the 11, and the next round of changes to the 120 and 122 made the routes slower and longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

My point was that the 122 is not going to serve those stops, according to the route description. DB really need to learn to proof read.

I think you'll find that somewhere on boards.ie they did! Not necessarily in this thread!
    Certainly possible; it's a big board.
    Another net loss for public spending on public transport, in that case. Blowing extra money, both on rolling stock and new infrastructure, to transport the same passengers can't be a gain in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ILBondo

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Network-Direct-Phase-2/Swords--Santry--Rathfarnham--Terenure1/

The revised network proposals for Rathfarnham, Santry, Swords Terenure are up. Dublin bus have made no alterations at all. It seems to me that the weren't interested in the feedback nor did they intend to listen to it.

ILBondo wrote: »
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Network-Direct-Phase-2/Swords--Santry--Rathfarnham--Terenure1/

The revised network proposals for Rathfarnham, Santry, Swords Terenure are up. Dublin bus have made no alterations at all. It seems to me that the weren't interested in the feedback nor did they intend to listen to it.

Or perhaps people are happy with the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

I cant believe they are going to merge the 15s/74s/128 and going to call the routes the 15/a/b. so much for tidying up route numbers.

I would have called the 15/74/128 merger the 28

I would have called the 15b/74a merger the 74

I would have renamed the 15a the 15

Also so much for improved timetables. i was at cherrywood over the weekend and noticed that they have an integrated cherrywood/loughlinstown timetable! There isnt even a note at the busstop to say only cherrywood 7s stop there. its poor form.

I believe that for cherrywood departures there should be an alternative route number. 6 for example and the timetables between the 2 should be seperated

thomasj wrote: »
    I cant believe they are going to merge the 15s/74s/128 and going to call the routes the 15/a/b. so much for tidying up route numbers.

I would have called the 15/74/128 merger the 28

I would have called the 15b/74a merger the 74

I would have renamed the 15a the 15

Also so much for improved timetables. i was at cherrywood over the weekend and noticed that they have an integrated cherrywood/loughlinstown timetable! There isnt even a note at the busstop to say only cherrywood 7s stop there. its poor form.

I believe that for cherrywood departures there should be an alternative route number. 6 for example and the timetables between the 2 should be seperated

I don't see the problem with the numbering. The Malahide Road will now have the 14, 15 and 27 as cross city routes. That's pretty straightforward.

The 27a will be the less frequent route running alongside the 27, and the 15a/b will be the less frequent southside routes running alongside the 15.

The only change to the 15a is that it now runs to Britain Quay, and similar with the 15b, only rerouted to Stocking Avenue instead of Whitechurch. With so much of the routes staying the same I can understand the reason for leaving them as they are.

Aren't the 7 departures from Cherrywood market with a "c" on the timetable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 jh385

I started using the LUAS from Citywest because the 50 has become extremely unreliable over the past few weeks - Both the service from Ringsend in the evening and the one I get in the morning from Citywest.

For a route that's infrequent to start with, if the 7.50am bus doesn't arrive then I start walking down to the LUAS stop.

I decided last week I couldn't risk it anymore, and go I now walk directly to the LUAS stop - It's a more awkward journey for me when I get into town, but at least I know I'll get into work on time.

I'd love to see the stats from Dublin bus for service reliability on the 50 for this year versus last year - from personal experience it appears to have diminished drastically - Coincidence? Or are they just softening us up so we won't notice the route disappearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

How have the recent Merrion Road changes, those to the 11, and the next round of changes to the 120 and 122 made the routes slower and longer?

'Tis not all good though. The proposed change to the 83 will add between 10 and 15 minutes to the journey during the school run drive because of the extra non-direct shimmy along Griffith Avenue-Tolka Estate-Old Finglas Road instead of barrelling down Ballygall Road East as it currently does. Unless of course a big dirty set of single- or double-yellows (or a bus lane ;) ) is added along the Old Finglas Road-Glasnevin Hill from the Ballygall Road East junction as far as the Tolka River. Then it'd have to be enforced ruthlessly.

That sends the wrong message to passengers, to wit that they're better off behind the wheel of their own cars.

I still don't get why they don't have cross-city 2 and 3. Return the 3 to the classic Larkhill/St. John's Church routing, and run the 2 from Shanard Road to Belfield directly via Sydney Parade Avenue. No need for 3 and 3A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Must of been a mistake.
    Dublin Bus would like to thank customers for feedback received during consultation. On Friday 22nd July Dublin Bus will announce revised proposals based on feedback received for services in the Swords, Santry, Rathfarnham and Terenure areas as part of Network Direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

phasers wrote: »
    Has there been any word on when the 78a/40 route will be implemented? It seems to have all just come to a standstill.

That has gone on for so long with no news... God knows when they will finally announce it all :rolleyes:

angel01 wrote: »
    phasers wrote: »

That has gone on for so long with no news... God knows when they will finally announce it all :rolleyes:

They appear to be focussing on other areas first.

Latest updates for Knocklyon, Firhouse, Templeogue, Rathmines, Rathfarnham, Ballinteer, Dundrum, Ranelagh and the Swords Road are now up at the link below.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Network-Direct-Updates/

Main changes seem to be routing changes to the 15b, 61, 75 and 175, and the retention of the 65b.

Summary of changes:

Route 65b will now be retained and will be rerouted to serve Ballycullen Road - full routing will be:

Citywest >> Fortunestown (Luas) >> Blessington Road >> Killinarden Heights >> Firhouse Road West >> Killininny Road >> Ballycullen Road >> Firhouse Road >> Templeogue Road >> Terenure >> Rathgar Road >> Rathmines >> St Stephen’s Green >> Eden Quay

Route 15b will now not serve Templeogue but after Marian Road will operate via Rathfarnham and Bushy Park Road. Full routing will be:

Stocking Avenue » Scholarstown Road » Ballyboden Way » Ballyboden Road >> Ballyroan Road » Marian Road » Butterfield Avenue >> Rathfarnham Road » Bushy Park Road >> Rathgar Road » Rathmines » St. Stephen’s Green » College Green » Britain Quay.

Route 61 will now serve Ballyboden Road and then operate to the city via Nutgrove, Dundrum, Milltown and Ranelagh. Full routing will be:

Whitechurch » Taylor’s Lane >> Ballyboden Road >> Willbrook Road » Nutgrove Avenue » Churchtown Road » Dundrum Road >> Milltown >> Ranelagh » St Stephen’s Green » Westland Row >> Townsend Street.

Route 161 will now operate via its current route but extend from Nutgrove to Dundrum

Route 75 will no longer serve Stillorgan Shopping Centre but route directly from Sandyford Industrial Estate via Leopardstown Road to Whites Cross. Full proposed routing is:

Tallaght (The Square), Old Blessington Road, Old Bawn Road, Firhouse Road, Butterfield Avenue, Grange Road, Nutgrove Avenue, Churchtown Road, Dundrum, Kilmacud Road Upper, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Leopardstown Road, Stillorgan Road N11, Foxrock Church, Kill Lane, Kill Avenue, Dún Laoghaire Rail Station.

Route 175 will now serve Broadford in Ballinteer. Full proposed routing is:

Tallaght (The Square), Old Blessington Road, Old Bawn Road, Killininny Road, St Colmcille’s Way, Scholarstown Road, Ballyboden Way, Taylor’s Lane, Grange Road, Stone Mason’s Way, Broadford Road, Ballinteer Avenue, Wyckham Way, Dundrum Shopping Centre, Sandyford Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Stillorgan Shopping Centre, Stillorgan Park, Monkstown Link Road, Monkstown Avenue, Mounttown Road, York Road, Dún Laoghaire Rail Station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Baron de Robeck

The 78A and 40 changes are being referred to the labour court but I don't know the date of the hearing.

The 65B is now being kept. Now operating via St. Stephen's Green, Templeogue, Ballycullen, Firhouse, Killinarden, and on to existing route.

KD345 wrote: »
    The 65B is now being kept. Now operating via St. Stephen's Green, Templeogue, Ballycullen, Firhouse, Killinarden, and on to existing route.
    Hmm. They could get rid of the 49 via Ballycullen now with this route. Why not call the 65B the 48, since that route number hasn't been used in how many years...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Does anyone know when the 27b/79 merger is supposed to take place??...was hoping the timetable would be sorted out before college resumed so I would know what the timetable was like.

Had a quick look at the website and couldn't see anything, but the 14/20b merger is going ahead so I assume the other ones out this way are too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement