Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Network Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Anyone who can tell me how long it will take to arrive in Swords (Main Street) with the 43 if you leave at 7.35 am at Amiens Street (corner with Busaras)?

I currently take the 41c from 7h24 but only arrive around 8h25 in Swords Main Street which is way too long for my taste. I took the 43 this afternoon to get back from Swords to Dublin City Center and it barely took me 35 minutes! Will it be this quick in the morning as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Evan 10

Rhand wrote: »
    Anyone who can tell me how long it will take to arrive in Swords (Main Street) with the 43 if you leave at 7.35 am at Amiens Street (corner with Busaras)?

I currently take the 41c from 7h24 but only arrive around 8h25 in Swords Main Street which is way too long for my taste. I took the 43 this afternoon to get back from Swords to Dublin City Center and it barely took me 35 minutes! Will it be this quick in the morning as well?

43 would be very similar in mornings compared to afternoons Rhand, havent got it that early in about 2-3 years but it will be no more than 40 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

41C is the longest route I'd say as it goes through River Valley.

The 41B would be pretty quick if there's one around then, avoiding the airport, then the 43, then 33 and the 41 even despite its trip to the airport. 41C is long even when not in rush hour. 43 avoids Drumcondra/Dorset Street which is a big plus.

Tried to catch the 43 this morning, arrived at 7.18 at the stop at the busaras, but apparently despite it starting only at 7.20 on Eden Quay I was already late for it. Will arrive at 7.15 tomorrow, but I probably have to wait for 10 minutes then hehe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Tried to catch the 43 this morning, arrived at 7.18 at the stop at the busaras, but apparently despite it starting only at 7.20 on Eden Quay I was already late for it. Will arrive at 7.15 tomorrow, but I probably have to wait for 10 minutes then hehe...

The 43 doesn't stop at Busaras. The next stop after Eden Quay is Amiens Street opposite Connolly Station (Stop 497).

• Advertisement

KD345 wrote: »
    The 43 doesn't stop at Busaras. The next stop after Eden Quay is Amiens Street opposite Connolly Station (Stop 497).

That's what I meant, but busaras is quicker to typ :pac:

Just arrived late at work because the 43 didn't show up at Stop 497. Waited there from 7.30 to 7.48, for the bus that leaves Eden Quay at 7.35.
    This probably also indicates that yesterday at 7.20 I didn't miss it, but it just didn't show up.

How come it never shows up in the RTI-list at the stop, despite it being advertised as a 43-stop? I will visit the Bus Office on Saturday to ask for an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Get in touch with them directly via twitter (@dublinbusnews) or Facebook (dublinbusnews) or email them at customercomment@dublinbusnews.

That will probably be faster than going into HQ as the staff there won't have an explanation.

It may have broken down or been running late due to the traffic this morning.

lxflyer wrote: »
    Get in touch with them directly via twitter (@dublinbusnews) or Facebook (dublinbusnews) or email them at customercomment@dublinbusnews.

That will probably be faster than going into HQ as the staff there won't have an explanation.

It may have broken down or been running late due to the traffic this morning.

It's the second stop, and there were 10 other busses who came from the same direction without problems (all on time).

But I will send them an email, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Indeed it is but in all probability the 0735 outbound service is operated by the bus that works the 0620 inbound service from Swords first.

So it could have got delayed!

• Advertisement

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your feedback. We aim to reply to all comments within one week, and at the latest 15 working days.

Kind regards,

Customer Comment Desk

Hehe, seems they are as fast as their busses.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Yes, 15 working days is at least 3 weeks (more over Easter)!

Already received an answer!
    I refer to your email regarding a missing service on route 43.

Every reasonable endeavour is made by Dublin Bus to ensure the operation of its buses according to schedule. Unfortunately, from time to time our services may be disrupted due to breakdowns or maintenance issues, traffic conditions, incidents on the bus, accidents and vandalism. We understand the inconvenience this causes our customers and we ask that you please accept our apologies on this occasion.

On behalf of Dublin Bus thank you for bringing this matter to our attention

Could've not sent an email at all, for all the response I got. Seems like just a standard email.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Looks like just a copy and paste job that's sent to every complaint of a similar type.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭A2000

Certainly is. Its all you ever get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

From Sunday 21st April, the 37 city terminus moves to Wilton Place and gets a revised timetable.

The layover stop at Burlington Road becomes the terminus for the 38/a/b, 39 and 70

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Routes-37-38-38a-38b-39-and-70-Timetable-Changes/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Still waiting on the Swords/Balbriggan changes! I seen in the Fingal Indo the changes are expected by the end of April.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/dublin-bus-to-finalise-review-of-33x-service-29168386.html

Any drivers hear of a vote on the new rosters or any other routes changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Any news about the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Any news about the next stage?

Since the completion of ND's first phase,the manager with specific responsibility for the programme has been promoted.

There has been no internal announcement of a direct replacement,or indeed,of the current status of Network Direct at all.

We,as a culture,do not have a tradition of following long-term plans through to their conclusion,and I see BAC as not being a mould-breaker in this regard.

I would suggest that unless or until,another swathe of job and service reductions are required,Network Direct will be left pretty much as it is.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

That's s***y - Swords was to be next

• Advertisement

I'd imagine Swords is still going ahead. Seemingly the 33X needs more capacity and the 41's will be changed to accommodate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Anybody know what the story is with the proposed BRT? Apparently there is to be one line from Blanch to UCD and another from Clongriffin to Tallaght.

Aard wrote: »
    Anybody know what the story is with the proposed BRT? Apparently there is to be one line from Blanch to UCD and another from Clongriffin to Tallaght.

You can say that its routes 39a & 27

You can say that its routes 39a & 27
    Yes the proposed BRT will largely follow the 39a and 27. I understand though that it involves more than just beefing up those routes, that there will be infrastructure provision of junction-priority, segregated lanes, and branding.

I know its not part of ND, but it's relevant in the context of improving bus services in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MGWR

What, QBCs are not BRT enough?

BRT encompasses more than just QBCs. The main 'extras' include off-board ticketing, and junction priority. QBCs on their own generally wouldn't be enough to be considered BRT in the transport industry.

And I'm only asking because DB published a report investigating the potential for BRT in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

You will never get these things.

QBCs promised them, but were watered down.

LUAS promised them, but was watered down (the promised priority at junctions faded quietly into nothing on day one of operation)

BRT will promise them, and will be watered down.

Infrastructure will not be implemented. Priority will not be given. Funding will be cut back. Alignment will change for cost-cutting reasons.

In the end, all you will be left with is an articulated bus with fancy wrap-around branding stuck on it, trying to access the same overcrowded bus stops as every other route, and with no provisions for its extra length.

C635.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Auckland transport launched it's version of ND today
    Interesting comparison with the vid and spiel compared to Dublin (though not much detail behind it as yet). Especially noteworthy that the fare system will be amended with it to make more sense too.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/video.cfm?c_id=1503084&gal_cid=1503084&gallery_id=133090

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well Aucklands Network Direct is far more comprehensive.

They aren't just changing the routes, they are radically changing the whole public transport system there.

The most important thing they are doing, is true integrated ticketing.

You pay to go from A to B. No matter how many buses you take or if you take a bus, rail, ferry to complete the journey, you always pay the same amount.

This is key and it is what is missing here in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Bit of a bump here. Curious about the summer changes that were mentioned earlier on in the year. 44 to the airport was talked about. Any update? 41's still changing :p Been waiting for that change for years now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement