Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Network Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Hi Bambi....The Garden of Ireland is a big one...whereabouts was the someone waitin and what root are we talkin about...?

What we're talking about is a dublin bus customer who's now going to buy a car instead :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

Bambi wrote: »
    Just heard from someone who was waiting on a bus from wicklow that never showed up t6his morning because the route was cancelled, lovely more streamlined service that. Way to go dublin bus. :rolleyes:

When you say 'Wicklow', do you mean Wicklow Town? If so, nothing at all to do with Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

What we're talking about is a dublin bus customer who's now going to buy a car instead :pac:

There have been no bus route cancellations or indeed timetable changes in Wicklow so I don't know what your friend is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kthnxbai

Just wondering if anyone knows when DB are gonna announce the next areas that are affected?

Also, I know there's not much info on the Finglas routes yet, but I'm curious as to what's gonna happen in the case of say the 140 merging with the 54a. The 140 has a fairly frequent time table, especially so when compared to the 54a... So will it result in effectively the 54a frequency being increased, or some kind of middle ground?
    I know that the restructure has got to do with demand and junk but what's happened with timetables in other areas where this is the case?

Also, maybe I'm wrong here, and if I am feel free to enlighten me, and I get that making super-routes and combining routes most likely cuts costs and allows better efficiency and use of buses, but it seems to me like this will be terrible during rush hour.

Fact of the matter is, as much as DB is trying to keep routes mainly on the QBCs, they will have to venture off, and this will most likely result in delays when it gets to rush hour... So surely, having shorter routes minimizes these delays?

I get that they need to cut costs, but it seems to me like this change is being marketed as improving the service overall... and irregular and unreliable buses are far from that.
    If these changes are purely from a financial point of view, then fine, but at least admit to it.
    Considering how much the timetable and route restructures last year must have costed just for them to do it all again this year, it does feel kinda crappy if your route is adversely affected this year.

kthnxbai wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows when DB are gonna announce the next areas that are affected?

Also, I know there's not much info on the Finglas routes yet, but I'm curious as to what's gonna happen in the case of say the 140 merging with the 54a. The 140 has a fairly frequent time table, especially so when compared to the 54a... So will it result in effectively the 54a frequency being increased, or some kind of middle ground?
    I know that the restructure has got to do with demand and junk but what's happened with timetables in other areas where this is the case?

Also, maybe I'm wrong here, and if I am feel free to enlighten me, and I get that making super-routes and combining routes most likely cuts costs and allows better efficiency and use of buses, but it seems to me like this will be terrible during rush hour.

Fact of the matter is, as much as DB is trying to keep routes mainly on the QBCs, they will have to venture off, and this will most likely result in delays when it gets to rush hour... So surely, having shorter routes minimizes these delays?

I get that they need to cut costs, but it seems to me like this change is being marketed as improving the service overall... and irregular and unreliable buses are far from that.
    If these changes are purely from a financial point of view, then fine, but at least admit to it.
    Considering how much the timetable and route restructures last year must have costed just for them to do it all again this year, it does feel kinda crappy if your route is adversely affected this year.

They will (presumably) release each of the phases in turn to the public - so once phase 1 is complete I would imagine that we will find out about each of the other phases in turn after that. The current phase of changes is due to be implemented in July.

I can't see where you are concluding that things will be worse? Most of the changes announced so far are improved services, with faster more direct routes, with consistent frequency timetables rather than the disjointed timetables currently in place.

Savings will come from a combination of route mergers and running time changes resulting in better utilisation of the fleet. The College Green bus gate has dramatically improved running times for most routes through the city centre meaning that buses can do more journeys than currently scheduled. Some routes (and I stress some but not all) have far too generous running times meaning that buses are spending too much time at termini rather than being in revenue service. This ought to be addressed by this review.

More direct routes and the merger or redesign of routes that duplicate one another unnecessarily will also deliver improvements.

This is all about improving the bus service as a whole and delivering a consistent quality product. There are as a side benefit from this cost savings that will come from the elimination of ineffiencies.

This is the first fundamental review of bus services in Dublin that I can remember. It is nothing like what happened last year as this is all about delivering a different product to customers than is currently on offer.

• Advertisement

KC61 wrote: »
    There have been no bus route cancellations or indeed timetable changes in Wicklow so I don't know what your friend is talking about.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Network-Direct-Phase-1/Stillorgan/Stillorgan-FAQs/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what about that?

not implemented yet
    and even when it is there are no cancelled routes, only amended ones that affect Wicklow.

Those are the proposed changes.

They have not taken place yet. Timetables have not even been drafted yet.

While the 84 is planned to be curtailed to Cherrywood, the 84X will remain in service providing a direct bus to/from the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kthnxbai

They will (presumably) release each of the phases in turn to the public - so once phase 1 is complete I would imagine that we will find out about each of the other phases in turn after that. The current phase of changes is due to be implemented in July.

I can't see where you are concluding that things will be worse? Most of the changes announced so far are improved services, with faster more direct routes, with consistent frequency timetables rather than the disjointed timetables currently in place.

Savings will come from a combination of route mergers and running time changes resulting in better utilisation of the fleet. The College Green bus gate has dramatically improved running times for most routes through the city centre meaning that buses can do more journeys than currently scheduled. Some routes (and I stress some but not all) have far too generous running times meaning that buses are spending too much time at termini rather than being in revenue service. This ought to be addressed by this review.

More direct routes and the merger or redesign of routes that duplicate one another unnecessarily will also deliver improvements.

This is all about improving the bus service as a whole and delivering a consistent quality product. There are as a side benefit from this cost savings that will come from the elimination of ineffiencies.

This is the first fundamental review of bus services in Dublin that I can remember. It is nothing like what happened last year as this is all about delivering a different product to customers than is currently on offer.

I didn't actually mean it to sound as if I think these changes are a bad thing, or that what they've announced so far is bad.

I would like more info on it though....

I didn't actually mean it to sound as if I think these changes are a bad thing, or that what they've announced so far is bad.

I think people just need to be patient - it's going to be done in phases - it would be impossible to this all at once.

Let them get each phase right and move on to the next one I think has to be the best approach.

All will come to he that waits!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭dynamick

They have put up a contact page for information on the route changes.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Customer-Information/

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Network-Direct1/

Maynooth Roadshow:

Phase 1 of the Network Direct Project involves changes to services in Lucan/North Kildare and we would like to invite customers in the area to meet us to discuss these proposed changes on the following date:

Maynooth – Tesco Extra, Monday May 31st, 2.00pm - 8.00pm

We will have staff on hand to answer any of your questions and to explain in full detail the benefits the redesigned service will have for your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adcom

Guys, I've had a look through but cant see this anywhere so hoping someone might be able to help. Does anyone know if the route reviews are going to affect the 11/11A service?

For those of us unfortunate enough to have to use it, its poor already and if it goes there is really no other bus service to Clonskeagh from town.

Any thoughts?

Hi, I emailed DB about 11/a myself- its the only bus passing through upper glasnevin and drumcondra that goes across leeson street....

Here is what they responded with: Planned changes to the above route are not finalised. Initial proposals emerging will have route 11 operating from Sandyford Industrial Estate to City Centre. The northside of the route will be catered for by an alteration to route 13/a and 19a covering all areas operated by route 11 at present.

Not pleased about it at all. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

How are you not pleased? There will still be buses in your area. Is it that there won't be a direct route to Clonskeagh and Sandyford? If that's all there is, then all that's needed is a single transfer.

adcom wrote: »
    Hi, I emailed DB about 11/a myself- its the only bus passing through upper glasnevin and drumcondra that goes across leeson street....

Here is what they responded with: Planned changes to the above route are not finalised. Initial proposals emerging will have route 11 operating from Sandyford Industrial Estate to City Centre. The northside of the route will be catered for by an alteration to route 13/a and 19a covering all areas operated by route 11 at present.

With respect I think that you need to see all of the changes as they are announced before passing judgement. At the moment they are dealing with Blanchardstown, Stillorgan and Lucan QBCs.

All that has officially been announced so far is phase 1 - there may be other route changes in the later phases when route 11 is addressed that will accomodate you.

And from what I am seeing Dublin Bus are trying to garner as much reaction as possible to the proposed changes and may well be prepared to consider tweaking them.

It is obvious that with any changes of the scale proposed, some people will be more unhappy than others, but I think that passing judgement without even seeing the whole picture for your area is a tad rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Planned changes to the above route are not finalised. Initial proposals emerging will have route 11 operating from Sandyford Industrial Estate to City Centre. The northside of the route will be catered for by an alteration to route 13/a and 19a covering all areas operated by route 11 at present.

Thank you Adcom,for sharing this information.

At last some definitive indication of the company`s thinking.

I must say that thinking in this particular instance appears to be at variance with the principles of the Deloitte Report itself.

It is to my knowledge the only example of a current cross-city route being curtailed rather than modified or enhanced.

Myself,and many others are having difficulty with whatever "Big-Picture" is in prospect for the 11 group.

What appears to be planned is that the 11 is to be eliminated and we see a re-introduction of the old 62 route from Kilmacud to An Lar which was amalgamated with the 11 many years ago due to it being unsustainable.

Whilst there may well have been demographic changes to the areas since then I would not see it as being any more sustainable today.

It is also worthy of comment that the current Northside leg of the 11 benefits greatly from a significant (& successful) Bus Priority network whereas the proposed new alignment has virtually Zero,a situation which if addressed might offer far greater returns for South/North Bus Travel than the current proposal.

The use of the 13a and 19a as possible replacements is also of interest as unless these routes are to be massively re-aligned passengers will find it somewhat difficult to make journeys currently untertaken on a single trip basis.

A passenger currently undertaking a daily work/school journey from Wadelai Park/Ballymun Road/Home Farm Rd to St Stephens Green/Leeson St may well have to get comfortable with the notion of transferring somewhere in The City Centre at about 75% of their journey.

This may well not be a problem for the ambulatory,but it most certainly will,if not comprehensively planned for,lead to considerable difficulties for those with heavy schoolbags/PE Gear or those confined to wheelchairs.

The essential point I make here is the significant amount of current 11 route users making a single journey will at a stroke be transformed into transfer journeys.

The essential reality is that the current Southside alignment of the 11 is as dead as a dodo beyond Clonskeagh,

One area of significant potential business growth which appears un-noticed is the ongoing UCD resedential expansion adjacent to Roebuck Road.

There are currently in excess of 300 units here and a new block in the process of completion.
    This particular facility is closer to the curent 11a routing than any other Public Transport corridor,yet I still encounter occupants of the complex who are dumbfounded to realize there is/was a city bound Bus route almost at their doorstep.

Sadly,we have far too good of a track-record of ignoring such potential new-business until it evaporates or buys a car which is so frustrating especially as the current Student Rambler Tickets offer such incredible value in Travel Cost terms.

It has to be remembered that this is highly populated South Dublin we are talking of here rather than some wild unkempt half finished Celtic Ghost on the far fringes of the County.

Taking the current 11a Route as a template it should not be beyond our ken to offer a 10 minute peak service from a relocated terminus (Perhaps Balally Luas via the Taney Road alignment).

If,for example,a relatively minor amount of Bus Priority was to be installed at the Goatstown cross traffic signals and also the Roebuck Rd/Foster Avenue junction I would see the route as having significant potential for success.

The strangest part of the current 11 route "proposal" is the almost complete absence of sense in it.

Thos familiar with the Sandyford Estate area will know that it,of itslef,is in a somewhat uncertain developmental phase,with large amounts of closed semi-derelict new builds lying unfinished and of particular importance for a Public Transport entity....EMPTY :eek: !!

In Sandyford,Luas is King..that is reality and layering another Bus Route atop that is,to my mind, pointless and wasteful of our scarce resources.

The lack of will to attend to the relatively small problems which beset the 11 route,particularly Southside is of far more fundamental importance as that deficiency will simply transfer across to the shiny "New Improved" 11.

For example the inability of any of the statutory bodies to attend to the illegal parking in the Bus Bay at the top of Chelmsford Road and around the corner in Ranelagh Village is causing serious disruption to everybody attempting to transit that area.

In traditional Irish style,when the Kassel Kerbing was installed at the Chelmsford Road stop nobody bothered to re-paint the Bus-Bay markings,which now leaves a single ,grey-area, car-space at the end of the Pay Parking zone which is utilized by a selection of regulars who could`nt give a Wiches-Tit about the difficulties their actions cause for Whelchair Bound or Otherwise frail Bus Passengers,after all where IS one to park ones SUV in Ranelagh !!! :mad:

Around the corner in Ranelagh Village,It seems that when the Cycle Lane was laid down some years back,the original double-yellow lines and statutory signage was left in a shed someplace and never re-erected.

So now,none of the responsible bodies will enforce the Parking Laws as they each see a "problem" because of this lack of statutory signage.

There is,of course,no such problem further along Ranelagh Road where the DSPS Clampers do a roaring trade and provide on-site courses in how to read and interpret a No-Parking or Clearway sign,all included in one`s €80 penalty ticket...there`s value for ye :)

So there ye have my 2c worth,a plea if you will for a bit of oomph to be applied to retaining the current 1/11a route with meaningful and low-cost improvements to offer a more frequent and reliable service,rather than the slash`n burn tactic which appears flavour of the month currently.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

adcom wrote: »

So the 13/a becomes a magical mystery tour of of wadelai and home farm? Smart boys

Those are the proposed changes.

They have not taken place yet. Timetables have not even been drafted yet.

While the 84 is planned to be curtailed to Cherrywood, the 84X will remain in service providing a direct bus to/from the city centre.

This may be hard for someone who could be associated with dublin bus but you need to understand your customer. Their bus doesnt show up, They now have to bum a lift to dublin and also ring their boss to explain why they will be late. They then see that dublin bus are talking about killing off their bus service. They don't think "ah well, I guess it's only a proposed change" they think "f***k that, I'm getting a car"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

This may be hard for someone who could be associated with dublin bus but you need to understand your customer. Their bus doesnt show up, They now have to bum a lift to dublin and also ring their boss to explain why they will be late. They then see that dublin bus are talking about killing off their bus service. They don't think "ah well, I guess it's only a proposed change" they think "f***k that, I'm getting a car"

Buses sometimes don't run. In the same way that cars sometimes break down, engines won't start, tires go flat or there are road works or flooding. Yes, it's a royal pain in the ass but no-one sits in stalled car and thinks: f**k that, I'm buying a helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Hamndegger wrote: »
    • The 79A will run from Parkwest proceed down the same route to Clifton Road, Oranmore Road, Spiddal Park, back down the Clifton Road and hence normal route to Ormond Quay and Liberty Hall. From here it will serve Amiens Street, North Strand, Fairview, Malahide Road and Kilmore via Beaumont Hospital.

Why on earth would they route any bus from Clifden Road, onto Oranmore Road, Spiddal Park, Spiddal Road and back onto Clifden Road less than 100m from where it turned off originally?
    The 79a does a world tour of Ballyfermot as it is, without it becoming even more circuitous. They should either retain the current 79a route, or go with one of these options to split the difference
    • turn off Cherry Orchard Avenue onto Blackditch Road and across either Oranmore Road or Spiddal road onto Clifden Road and resume the current 79a route
    • turn off Cherry Orchard Avenue onto Cherry Orchard Drive then onto Clifden Road and resume the current 79a route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

Maybe I've missed it but have DB mentioned introducing staged or working timetables as part of the re-organisation?

I've no problem with the merging of bus routes in principle (although I think in practice it won't be fantastic). However, if they do it without producing at least a 2 stage timetable so people can tell when it will leave the city centre, it would be a bit of a reduction in standard for customers.

On a similar note, there are several routes like the 17a which would benefit from a working timetable - there's nothing stopping DB doing it right now. However, since the drivers on the 104 totally ignore their timetable (and run ahead of schedule), it would need to be properly enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

Thank you Adcom,for sharing this information.

At last some definitive indication of the company`s thinking.

I must say that thinking in this particular instance appears to be at variance with the principles of the Deloitte Report itself.

It is to my knowledge the only example of a current cross-city route being curtailed rather than modified or enhanced.

Myself,and many others are having difficulty with whatever "Big-Picture" is in prospect for the 11 group.

What appears to be planned is that the 11 is to be eliminated and we see a re-introduction of the old 62 route from Kilmacud to An Lar which was amalgamated with the 11 many years ago due to it being unsustainable.

Whilst there may well have been demographic changes to the areas since then I would not see it as being any more sustainable today.

It is also worthy of comment that the current Northside leg of the 11 benefits greatly from a significant (& successful) Bus Priority network whereas the proposed new alignment has virtually Zero,a situation which if addressed might offer far greater returns for South/North Bus Travel than the current proposal.

The use of the 13a and 19a as possible replacements is also of interest as unless these routes are to be massively re-aligned passengers will find it somewhat difficult to make journeys currently untertaken on a single trip basis.

A passenger currently undertaking a daily work/school journey from Wadelai Park/Ballymun Road/Home Farm Rd to St Stephens Green/Leeson St may well have to get comfortable with the notion of transferring somewhere in The City Centre at about 75% of their journey.

This may well not be a problem for the ambulatory,but it most certainly will,if not comprehensively planned for,lead to considerable difficulties for those with heavy schoolbags/PE Gear or those confined to wheelchairs.

The essential point I make here is the significant amount of current 11 route users making a single journey will at a stroke be transformed into transfer journeys.

The essential reality is that the current Southside alignment of the 11 is as dead as a dodo beyond Clonskeagh,

One area of significant potential business growth which appears un-noticed is the ongoing UCD resedential expansion adjacent to Roebuck Road.

There are currently in excess of 300 units here and a new block in the process of completion.
    This particular facility is closer to the curent 11a routing than any other Public Transport corridor,yet I still encounter occupants of the complex who are dumbfounded to realize there is/was a city bound Bus route almost at their doorstep.

Sadly,we have far too good of a track-record of ignoring such potential new-business until it evaporates or buys a car which is so frustrating especially as the current Student Rambler Tickets offer such incredible value in Travel Cost terms.

It has to be remembered that this is highly populated South Dublin we are talking of here rather than some wild unkempt half finished Celtic Ghost on the far fringes of the County.

Taking the current 11a Route as a template it should not be beyond our ken to offer a 10 minute peak service from a relocated terminus (Perhaps Balally Luas via the Taney Road alignment).

If,for example,a relatively minor amount of Bus Priority was to be installed at the Goatstown cross traffic signals and also the Roebuck Rd/Foster Avenue junction I would see the route as having significant potential for success.

The strangest part of the current 11 route "proposal" is the almost complete absence of sense in it.

Thos familiar with the Sandyford Estate area will know that it,of itslef,is in a somewhat uncertain developmental phase,with large amounts of closed semi-derelict new builds lying unfinished and of particular importance for a Public Transport entity....EMPTY :eek: !!

In Sandyford,Luas is King..that is reality and layering another Bus Route atop that is,to my mind, pointless and wasteful of our scarce resources.

The lack of will to attend to the relatively small problems which beset the 11 route,particularly Southside is of far more fundamental importance as that deficiency will simply transfer across to the shiny "New Improved" 11.

For example the inability of any of the statutory bodies to attend to the illegal parking in the Bus Bay at the top of Chelmsford Road and around the corner in Ranelagh Village is causing serious disruption to everybody attempting to transit that area.

In traditional Irish style,when the Kassel Kerbing was installed at the Chelmsford Road stop nobody bothered to re-paint the Bus-Bay markings,which now leaves a single ,grey-area, car-space at the end of the Pay Parking zone which is utilized by a selection of regulars who could`nt give a Wiches-Tit about the difficulties their actions cause for Whelchair Bound or Otherwise frail Bus Passengers,after all where IS one to park ones SUV in Ranelagh !!! :mad:

Around the corner in Ranelagh Village,It seems that when the Cycle Lane was laid down some years back,the original double-yellow lines and statutory signage was left in a shed someplace and never re-erected.

So now,none of the responsible bodies will enforce the Parking Laws as they each see a "problem" because of this lack of statutory signage.

There is,of course,no such problem further along Ranelagh Road where the DSPS Clampers do a roaring trade and provide on-site courses in how to read and interpret a No-Parking or Clearway sign,all included in one`s €80 penalty ticket...there`s value for ye :)

So there ye have my 2c worth,a plea if you will for a bit of oomph to be applied to retaining the current 1/11a route with meaningful and low-cost improvements to offer a more frequent and reliable service,rather than the slash`n burn tactic which appears flavour of the month currently.

How about extending the 11 to belarmine running via the current 47 to sandyford then via the planned 11/62 route. Using the extra buses run a local service via sandyford, ticknock, balinteer and dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Why on earth would they route any bus from Clifden Road, onto Oranmore Road, Spiddal Park, Spiddal Road and back onto Clifden Road less than 100m from where it turned off originally?
    The 79a does a world tour of Ballyfermot as it is, without it becoming even more circuitous. They should either retain the current 79a route, or go with one of these options to split the difference
    • turn off Cherry Orchard Avenue onto Blackditch Road and across either Oranmore Road or Spiddal road onto Clifden Road and resume the current 79a route
    • turn off Cherry Orchard Avenue onto Cherry Orchard Drive then onto Clifden Road and resume the current 79a route

I don't know for sure why or indeed if this is the final route for the 79A; I'm only passing on information that I was given. That said, I'd suspect that it needs to still maintain some service to these roads given that they are on the current 79 route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

alias no.9 wrote: »

Personally; I'd scrap any of the 79 routing and 79 only bus stops and just have the one 79a service from Parkwest, Cherry Orchard Avenue, Clifden Road and right onto Ballyfermot Road then following the existing route.

I'd also completely scrap the service through Kylemore Road, Landon Road, Deicies Road and Lally Road at rush hours and instead run the bus straight down Ballyfermot Road and Sarsfield Road. This could take 10 minutes off journeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

It's also worth noting that with new buildings and road re-alignments taking place in Belfield over the next year or so, the current 10(39eh?) terminus will be moved much closer to the N11 entrance nearer vets, but the 11A may well be cancelled by then, leaving the many residents with an ever further walk!
    At the moment though I can see why many are using the 10. The frequency of the 11A in it's current form is a joke.
    It's also very difficult for the average out of Dub student to calculate when an 11A from Wadelai will arrive in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

stop wrote: »
    It's also worth noting that with new buildings and road re-alignments taking place in Belfield over the next year or so, the current 10(39eh?) terminus will be moved much closer to the N11 entrance nearer vets, but the 11A may well be cancelled by then, leaving the many residents with an ever further walk!
    At the moment though I can see why many are using the 10. The frequency of the 11A in it's current form is a joke.
    It's also very difficult for the average out of Dub student to calculate when an 11A from Wadelai will arrive in town.

Hi,

Just to mention that it's the 11b which goes to UCD, the 11a terminates on Mather Road North.

H

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭etchyed

This may be hard for someone who could be associated with dublin bus but you need to understand your customer.
    Nice what you did there. Cover yourself by not definitively accusing the poster of working for Dublin Bus but subtly undermine them nonetheless. Never mind the fact that some of posts most comprehensive and critical of DB in this thread come from a DB employee, AlekSmart. That evidently doesn't hold any water with you.
    Their bus doesnt show up, They now have to bum a lift to dublin and also ring their boss to explain why they will be late. They then see that dublin bus are talking about killing off their bus service. They don't think "ah well, I guess it's only a proposed change" they think "f***k that, I'm getting a car"
    Sorry, what does this even mean? Apparently your friend had a bad experience with Dublin Bus. Their bus didn't show up and yes, it probably was Dublin Bus's fault. What in God's name has that got to do with this thread about future service changes? You've been told categorically that none of the changes have happened yet. They had nothing, but nothing, to do with your friend's bus being cancelled.
    Why won't you tell us what the route was?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Heart wrote: »
    Hi,

Just to mention that it's the 11b which goes to UCD, the 11a terminates on Mather Road North.

H

The 11B was not being discussed in my post. I was refering to the 11A which travels down the Roebuck Road.

For the record I have NO association with Dublin Bus other than being a customer.

What a ludicrous series of assumptions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Xper,you can be reassured that the Dublin-Bus fleet meet all the current National and International standards regarding accident survivability and evacuation.

Dublin Fire Brigade regularly utilize Dublin Bus vehicles and facilities to carry out training and familiarization drills for their members,as do the Gardai.
    Thanks for your response. The latter statement is particularly good to hear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement